icon

tach wiring problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
woeful 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2004 at 10:30 AM / IP Logged  
I have a compustar c3000, and a 98 integra.  I connected directly the tach wire from the alarm, which is yellow/black to the car tach which is blue, I test it and it work fine, but then I took my car for a drive, put it in reservation mode, and it don't work, It won't go into reservation mode at all, the engine will shut down when I turn the key to off, I have already put the Ebrake on.  So I try to relearn the tach, but now it won't.  It's giving out 3 light flashes which means no tach is detected, please help someone.
audiopro111 
Copper - Posts: 160
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2004 at 12:17 PM / IP Logged  
don't know copustar 3000 to well but did u hook up a tshut down wire to you e- brake maybe thats what is shutting it down....
AudioPro111
woeful 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2004 at 1:40 PM / IP Logged  
yes, it work in the beginning, but after I took it for a drive, it doesn't work anymore
Teken 
Gold - Posts: 1,492
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2004 at 4:11 PM / IP Logged  
1. How did you connect the tach wire from the alarm system? Solder, crimped?
2. The tach wire can also be obtained in a 16 pin white or grey connector, to the left of the fuse panel.
3. Always ensure the vehicle is at operating temperature prior to learning your tach. On your Integra you will know if the vehicle is at operating temperature when the fan comes on.
4. You may also have to learn the tach at a higher level. Raise the RPM's of the vehicle and try to learn the tach again.
5. You may also try to learn the tach while it is also in gear, if it is too high.
Stick to the basics first.
Knowledge is power. But only if you apply that knowledge in a positive way, which promotes positive results in others.
EVIL Teken . . .
woeful 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2004 at 4:27 PM / IP Logged  
thanks a lot, I dont know what happen, but I disconnect the ground wire from the rs and wait about 5 minute, reconnect it, and it work fine now, I hope it won't die out on me again, thanks

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic