icon

hey guys

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
placid warrior 
Silver - Posts: 357
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2004 at 8:39 PM / IP Logged  

well...Ive got to say I'm ashamed of my trunk now.  I went ahead and did it some time last year without any insturction whatsoever...i just knew i needed fiberglass and to make it work.  I threw it a piece of plywood where the subs are so i could mount them, then i threw on some fiberglass insulation to get the rough shape and then i threw on some fiberglass...only did 2 layers cause at the time it seemed good enough..ah well.  it actually sounds pretty decent in the car when i have a proper amp (i just have a sh*tty pyramid 250 watt right now, lol)  but the amp in the picture is a pyramid gold series 75 Watt x 2ch and it sounded pretty good for the size....takes a crappy 400 watt cheap pyramid to come close....but i fried it cause i was drawing more bass than it could handle.  I am going to be tearing out the entire setup that i put in the trunk and will be starting from scratch...I'll most likely end up using 4 10" subs and 2 amps.  Now that i know how to do the job right, i am hoping for some good results.  And Yea I'm new here and i have a website too...not so much about audio right now though as i am just starting...in a few weeks i'll be starting a project with my 6x9s, and some kicker panels or something would be nice too...gotta figgure out a few things first.

www.geocities.com/davevandrunen/index.html

hey guys -- posted image.

xtreamcc 
Silver - Posts: 467
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2004 at 1:11 AM / IP Logged  
wow, thats not the worst I've ever seen, but yes, do replace it please lol. Good first attempt though, at least u could install ur first attempt.
"Shiny chrome when used in conjunction with bikini models is particularly effective in inducing brain deficit disorder"
02 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Monster System on its way.
placid warrior 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2004 at 10:03 AM / IP Logged  
haha...at least i can replace it eh!  I saw that one mustang with the 100 gallons of bondo.
heavilymedicate 
Silver - Posts: 328
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2004 at 10:52 AM / IP Logged  
I looked your page and you stated that you are making a setup with two 10's and two 12's next time.  Any silly reason why? 
placid warrior 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2004 at 11:06 AM / IP Logged  
ahhh....I forgot to change that.  I was going to do that at first, cause i thought it would make for a killer setup if i had the 12's set lower than the 10s, but then i read on this forum that it would mess with eachothers airspace and sound crappy, so i've decided to just use 4 10" subs....I'll change my site in a sec...thanks for pointing that out.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic