Batt. Reloc w/audio in mind

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
slipnfall 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2004 at 9:43 PM / IP Logged  

Hi folks,

I am relocating my battery in my 1992 Nissan 240sx to the rear(this is a coupe BTW). What wiring schemes will give me the least noise in an audio system(and not compromise performance)? I am routing positive batt thru the passenger fender, to the starter, then to the fuse box. Is it better to keep the ground as short as possible in the trunk? What about my circle earth ground kit - would it be better to run a ground to the engine bay as well? I would like to keep alternator, etc electrical noise to a minimum. In general, should I tie all grounds to the nearest body ground point(to prevent ground loops)? Any pointers?

Thanks!

-Slip

Rushman 
Silver - Posts: 380
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2004 at 10:10 PM / IP Logged  
Im just curious , why do you want to move the battery out of the engine bay? Somthing  to do with your system?
99 F-one fitty
Pioneer Premier H/U
Alpine EQ
Kicker 1200 amp
4 Kicker comp 10s
6 kicker SS65.2 components
jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2004 at 10:11 PM / IP Logged  
Any grounds that exist now, must remain.   Any Batterys added or moved must be re grounded and withen I would reccomend 1 ft of the batter if possible...If the battery is in the trunk make sure to try to keep it away from audio equipment, it is properly vented, you might want to try brown bread or another dampening material that resist's noise as well around you battery box,   I have heard of a few probelems from just having the batteyr in the trunk close to an amp caused noise
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
slipnfall 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2004 at 1:15 AM / IP Logged  

Rushman wrote:
Im just curious , why do you want to move the battery out of the engine bay? Somthing  to do with your system?

Rush: The main reason for moving the batt to the trunk is to open up room for intercooler piping. I planned to put the batt in a sealed marine box for safety. This is a sealed gel-cell(optima), so I should be pretty safe with it in the trunk. I didn't see this as much more work, considering I would be running a 4-6AWG wire to the back anyways for an amp in the future. I don't have amps, etc to install just yet - I just want to be sure that how I wire this relocation won't affect electrical noise now for the factory or in the future, when I do install a system.

Thanks for the response!

Rushman 
Silver - Posts: 380
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2004 at 3:22 AM / IP Logged  
ok Spinfall , that answers my question. Im not much in the high performance department. I had never heard of moving the battery to make room for the intake but it does make sence. Thanks , I was just curious. Good Luck
99 F-one fitty
Pioneer Premier H/U
Alpine EQ
Kicker 1200 amp
4 Kicker comp 10s
6 kicker SS65.2 components

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic