icon

Trunk pin not setting off alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
eiknujrac 
Member - Posts: 49
Member spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2004 at 10:50 PM / IP Logged  

I know this question has been answered somewhere on this board before, but I did a search and could not find it again.

I have my trunk connected to the alarm in the hood pin's place. But it will not set off the alarm when initially opened, only when the pin is again pushed in and released. The wire shows 12v when closed and nothing when open (ground?).

Anyone know how to fix?

THanks!

-E

draasch 
Gold - Posts: 2,172
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2004 at 11:24 PM / IP Logged  
lets start off with the car info......................
Good Luck
David
Ace Security
813-376-9778
Tampa
Donate to the 12volt
Teken 
Gold - Posts: 1,492
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2004 at 8:54 AM / IP Logged  
1. How old is the pin trigger? If it is more than a year old, then simply cleaning the entire pin housing and the surrounding area is a good idea.
You want to ensure that the plunger and the shaft housing is not corroded. Hence why I never use metal style pin switches, and opt for nylon, or magnetic reed switches instead.
2. Is the ground point clean and sound? How do I check?? Take your DMM and measure the resistance with respect to the batteries negative terminal. You are looking for a value close to zero, if not at zero potential. Anything above 1-2 ohms is a bad ground and the area surrounding the mounting point needs to be properly cleaned and prepped.
3. Is the bullet connector securely attached, and free of any contaminates?? If not clean it, and apply dielectric grease to ensure moisture stays out, and promotes current transfer.
4. Is the height of the pin housing correctly adjusted??
You want to have zero travel, meaning it should not allow any amount of gap to be seen, if the hood should be ajar. That is why it is called a instant trigger, not a slow trigger. Check the height and adjust the lock out screw / nut.
Knowledge is power. But only if you apply that knowledge in a positive way, which promotes positive results in others.
EVIL Teken . . .
raydawg357 
Silver - Posts: 769
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2004 at 10:29 AM / IP Logged  
If all else fails, install a mercury switch.
Do it right the first time
eiknujrac 
Member - Posts: 49
Member spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2004 at 3:56 PM / IP Logged  
The car is a 1991 300E, and thanks for the info!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic