icon

Autotek MX subs?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
celica2kgts 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2004 at 12:54 PM / IP Logged  
Has anyone used these yet? My friend accomplished 162dbs off of 2 10"s with these and is sellings them now so before I get them I wanted to know if anyone has heard of them
jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2004 at 6:15 PM / IP Logged  
162 db?????? on what????There is no way on the Term Lab, So I am guessing an audiocontrol, and then that still way way way high,   unless I witnessed this I would never believe it
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
pimpincavy 
Silver - Posts: 880
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2004 at 6:22 PM / IP Logged  
I seriously doubt he hit 162..but, MX autotek subs are pretty damn amazing. A few people in my area have them. One guy has three 10a built into the back wall of his firebird, running off a autotek amp. Boy do they ever get loud!!!
celica2kgts 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2004 at 8:08 PM / IP Logged  
go to csramotorsports.com and check out the classifieds section and it shows it as being recorded at some outlaw competition , user name is loud jeep and yes he was using a 3000watt autotek amp.
jeffchilcott 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2004 at 9:11 PM / IP Logged  
well I will tell you this much it wasent at a USACi show and it wasent at a DB drag show.    I just looked at the usaci records and no one in the state of georgia is hitting a 160+   If he is a big shot Hitting a 163, then he would be at finals in 2 weeks,    I am guessing that was measred on a cheap Audiocontrol mic..I will tell ytou this the loudest vehicles in missouri right now in a stock class are hitting a 155-156 and trust me thats going to set a world record this year
2007 World Record
pimpincavy 
Silver - Posts: 880
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2004 at 12:09 AM / IP Logged  
What is a Audicontrol mic?? The small competition that a local shop sponsers uses a little black thing they attatch to the inside of the windsheild. That is the only comp ive ever seen. I think the highest hitter was like 155. I dont know much about competition and was just curious.
celica2kgts 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2004 at 7:23 AM / IP Logged  

- Chris Williamson

Team IT
Whitlee GA Record Outlaw 16-24: 163.1dB
Clash of Titans Crazy Port: 166.8db
Loudest Jeep in the SouthEast!

^^^is what his signature says on the forum. I believe they are measured 2 ways though , on the dash is typical competition position for the mics. Outlaw is where you can place the mic whereever you want.

jeffchilcott 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2004 at 6:14 PM / IP Logged  
Audiocontrol mic, was used in offical comp's untill they figured out there is a way to cheat the mic...Yes outlaw in some classes you can place the mic anywhere forward of the b pillar..the audio control mic is roughly 10 db off from the new term lab mic, thats still a 153 with the term lab, I still dont see it happening...I could post a signature as well that says I hit some crazy #...But some poeple like myself that build car to compete in the Usaci and Db Drag curcuit's Know what
#'s are being hit by whom, and with what...And I just dont see 2 10 inch autotek's no matter what amp is used no matter the box hitting a 153...or 163 on the old mic...just dont
2007 World Record
shaven99ranger 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2004 at 8:02 AM / IP Logged  

jeffchilcott wrote:
Audiocontrol mic, was used in offical comp's untill they figured out there is a way to cheat the mic...Yes outlaw in some classes you can place the mic anywhere forward of the b pillar..the audio control mic is roughly 10 db off from the new term lab mic, thats still a 153 with the term lab, I still dont see it happening...I could post a signature as well that says I hit some crazy #...But some poeple like myself that build car to compete in the Usaci and Db Drag curcuit's Know what
#'s are being hit by whom, and with what...And I just dont see 2 10 inch autotek's no matter what amp is used no matter the box hitting a 153...or 163 on the old mic...just dont

Ok folks, I'm gonna try and set some things straight.  You should have asked what mic and all before you started throwing the bull sh*t flag.  These two 10's were installed in a Jeep Wrangler Soft Top with and MX3000.1 amplifier running them. 

163.1 is his current recorded score that you can view here http://www.clashoftitans.org/twodudes.html

scroll down to SUV 25-50" and you will see Chris Williamson's name.  It is an Audio Control mic used by Whitlee and the mic was placed at the port. 

the guy simply came on here to ask you your opinion on subs and instead you turned this thread into one bashing a score you know nothing about.  Granted, it's not a termlab (we have one of those on the way to us too by the way), but it is a score, and it is recorded.  May not be an official db drag score, but that's not what celika came here to ask about anyway, he simply asked if the sub would be a good purchase....I have yet to see anyone offer any advice on that question.

celica2kgts 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2004 at 10:16 AM / IP Logged  
Exactly, some people told me the rocked  and thats the type of support I am looking for.  I appreciate it Carlton for coming here and trying to set the records straight here a bit.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic