the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Bhrama Subs dealer?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2004 at 2:51 PM / IP Logged  

Steven Kephart wrote:
Hey Dyon, you really need to check out our new 6's.  I think you will be most impressed.  We should have some reference designs out pretty soon using them.  We have some distortion and spectral plots on our site that I'm sure you will be impressed with.  Also, hold off on the Tumult till at least the beginning of next year.  Unfortunately I can't say why. Bhrama Subs dealer? - Page 2 -- posted image.

Hmm, I think you just DID say why!  :)  I will look forward to the next generation.  I'd love to get my hands on a pair of your Extremis 6's... especially if it really does perform like my Excel's (at less than half the price!)  They look like they'd make a killer bookshelf system matched up with a good tweeter. 

Ah, if only I have more time and money to play with...

Support the12volt.com
Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 12, 2004 at 4:40 PM / IP Logged  
DYohn wrote:

Hmm, I think you just DID say why!  :)  I will look forward to the next generation. 

Actually it is one of the changes that is the reason why I say hold off.  Anyway, if you want more info on the huge changes going on around here, then read this announcement: http://acoustic-visions.com/forums/index.php?s=496962df28cde009843840cf01196a91&showtopic=2139

DYohn wrote:
I'd love to get my hands on a pair of your Extremis 6's... especially if it really does perform like my Excel's (at less than half the price!)  They look like they'd make a killer bookshelf system matched up with a good tweeter. 

Ah, if only I have more time and money to play with...

Actually from what I understand it is supposed to out-perform the Excel.  Ours has a great deal more clean stroke on it and still maintains very low distortion levels.  If you notice on the thd graph the distortion stays well below 1% all the way down to around 70 hz at 94 dB, and the distortion is comprised mainly of second order harmonics.

Steven Kephart

Adire Audio

DYohn 
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2004 at 5:18 PM / IP Logged  

Hmm, very interesting.  You hiring?  Bhrama Subs dealer? - Page 2 -- posted image.

Support the12volt.com
Rushman 
Silver - Posts: 380
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2004 at 7:03 PM / IP Logged  
well this is an interesting change for the better I assume. Do you have any idea how this will effect the quality of thier product? Im sure prices will come down which really wasnt a factor for me but After all Ive heard about the Adire subs , Im concerned about the sound quality. Will they still be as good by the time I get a set? Should I move my purchase date up sooner and get the Adire name subs before they go thru change? Oh and where can I get a job application? (ha-ha) no really , where?
99 F-one fitty
Pioneer Premier H/U
Alpine EQ
Kicker 1200 amp
4 Kicker comp 10s
6 kicker SS65.2 components
Steven Kephart 
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 12, 2004 at 8:42 PM / IP Logged  
DYohn wrote:

Hmm, very interesting.  You hiring?  Bhrama Subs dealer? - Page 2 -- posted image.

We have a pretty full house right now.  But with your qualifications, I'm sure my boss would try to figure something out.  If you want I can give you his personal e-mail addy so you can contact him.  It would be nice to have two people with doctorates working here.  BTW, what is your doctorate in? 

Steven Kephart

Adire Audio

Steven Kephart 
Posted: November 12, 2004 at 8:52 PM / IP Logged  

Rushman wrote:
well this is an interesting change for the better I assume. Do you have any idea how this will effect the quality of thier product? Im sure prices will come down which really wasnt a factor for me but After all Ive heard about the Adire subs , Im concerned about the sound quality. Will they still be as good by the time I get a set? Should I move my purchase date up sooner and get the Adire name subs before they go thru change? Oh and where can I get a job application? (ha-ha) no really , where?

What makes our speakers sound so good is the motor we use (XBL^2).  That will definitely still be implimented in many of our products.  

But what this allows us to do is control the building of the drivers to eliminate back orders and control the quality of our product a little better.  We are using more expensive, stronger glues than anyone else uses, and aren't going to use accelerators on the glues.  This will ensure a much higher quality build.

Steven Kephart

Adire Audio

Rushman 
Silver - Posts: 380
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2004 at 9:50 PM / IP Logged  
ok Im glad to hear quality control is top of the list. Im sold. I have a Doctrine in South American Culture. When can I start? , na just kidding , you couldnt afford me !( again with the jokes?)
99 F-one fitty
Pioneer Premier H/U
Alpine EQ
Kicker 1200 amp
4 Kicker comp 10s
6 kicker SS65.2 components
DYohn 
Posted: November 13, 2004 at 9:43 AM / IP Logged  
Hey Steven, tried to PM you but your mailbox is full.  My PhD is in Cybernetics.
Support the12volt.com
Steven Kephart 
Posted: November 13, 2004 at 12:45 PM / IP Logged  

DYohn wrote:
Hey Steven, tried to PM you but your mailbox is full.  My PhD is in Cybernetics.

Sorry.  I find it better to use strictly e-mail to answer peoples questions.  You can reach me at skephart@adireaudio.com.  Thanks!

Steven Kephart

Adire Audio

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic