the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

how to wire 2 sets front speaks to deck?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
crazymodgsr 
Copper - Posts: 54
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2004 at 11:36 PM / IP Logged  
I just got an '85 Ford Ranger. It needs a stereo. Anyway, there holes for 4" speakers in the dash and the last person custom made holes in the door panels for the 6"x9"s. I am wondering how I should wire these up to my cd player/deck. Should I wire the 4" ones in the dash from the "rear speaker" wires from the deck, and wire the 6"x9"s from the "front speaker" wires off the deck. Does this make sense. ie: There really are no real "rear" speakers in the truck, both are up front, so should I wire one set up as fronts and one set up as rears, or I might be able to make both of them fronts, as the deck has reg wires off of it, then maybe I can use the front output RCA's to an amplifier, then to the speakers. Just not sure how I should wire it all up so it sounds OK. I don't want sounds that are meant to be heard from the rear coming out of the front speakers. Or, should I just say, screw the 4" dash ones and just get a set of 6"x9" components? Any suggestions?
Thanks
switch_hitter 
Copper - Posts: 151
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2004 at 11:50 PM / IP Logged  

it shouldnt make a difference as far as front or rear...that feature is to allow you to fade from front to rear or whatever..but you should specify what you are trying to do....

are you trying to just have some sound, or create a system to make it sound really good....

2 Memphis HPO 12s
1 Memphis 1000D
2 Memphis 8s
1 Memphis MC200
4 Memphis 3way 6 1/2s
1 Memphis MC3004
4 Memphis Tweeters
1 Memphis 3-way electronic crossover
2 Memphis 5 1/4
2 Memphis 4s
crazymodgsr 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2004 at 11:52 PM / IP Logged  
I know if I wanted to, a set of 6"x9" components would do me just fine, but I will also have two 10" subs behind the seats and I don't want the subs overpowering the music to an extent. I suppose the 4" dash speaker really wouldn't be necessary, especially since I'm trying to make this a fairly cheap project.
dragonrage 
Copper - Posts: 193
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2004 at 10:20 PM / IP Logged  

If your HU can handle 2 ohms, then put them in parallel. It probably can't, so amp the 6x9s and run the 4"s on the HU. Unless those 4 speakers are your only 4 speakers (not counting subs), then just use front/rear.

2009 Pontiac G8 in planning stage
HU: ?
Speakers: ?
Amps: ?
ophidia31 
Copper - Posts: 78
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2004 at 10:28 PM / IP Logged  
I would go with the 6x9s in the doors and then the 4s in the dash. help bring the sound up and full. shouldnt have a problem with the 10s over powering the speakers if they are wired off the deck. a deck really cant differentiate (sp?) between what sounds should come from the front or the rear. thats surround sound and you need a decoder and dont think you want to get into that.  so anyway, 4s in the dash, 6x9s in the doors and 10s in the back. done
crazymodgsr 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2004 at 3:34 AM / IP Logged  
well, my deck actuall processes and will put out surround sound, but I won't enable that feature in the truck, as there are no rear speakers, plus no point since I have no video source. the two 10's will be given 300 watts each

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic