icon

RKE in 99 Caravan

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mdhesse 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2004 at 9:36 PM / IP Logged  
Help! I have a 99 Caravan with no factory RKE. I added a Crimestopper RS-900 VII, but the power locks will lock but not unlock.  I have used the proper resistors, (249 Ohm unlock/1.5K Ohm lock), and the unit is sending the ground pulse properly, so they will lock, but they will not unlock.  I am working on tech support, but I thought I would post as well.  Thanks!  PS: THe remote start works perfectly, it is just the locks that are p*ssing me off!
Matt
metaverse 
Copper - Posts: 210
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2004 at 10:20 PM / IP Logged  
Did you relay isolate the lock and unlock wires ? Feedback on the line can/will cause this.. Also try to see if the resistor/connection is working to begin with. Try to ground the lock and unlock wires through the proper resistors to see if they even work..if they do, you can then connect it to the crimestopper lock/unlock outputs and go from there...
mdhesse 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2004 at 10:27 PM / IP Logged  
I have not relay isolated those wires.  I have installed 3 generations of this model and have not had this problem yet, so I am baffled.  The resistor connections are fine.  I ground the wire from the BCM through the 249Ohm and they unlock, I ground through the 1.5K Ohm and they lock.  I am getting a ground pulse from the unit on both lock and unlock, but I do not know the strength, or if they need relays.  I would appreciate advice on installing them if necessary.  Thanks! 
Matt
metaverse 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2004 at 10:54 PM / IP Logged  
I can tell you that on a protege with the one wire lock/unlock I had the same problem and relays fixed it..and it was a crimestopper unit..RS-2011.
Just read this Link It is a positive 3-wire..it tells you how to change it to a negative..switch the 87 terminals on both relays to ground. Just put the resistors on the lock and unlock line in that diagram..that should work like a charm..
mdhesse 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2004 at 11:09 PM / IP Logged  
Sweeeeet.  Thanks for the tip.  I will try that first thing in the morning.  Nothing worse than having to use your key to get into a car in which you just installed RKE!  I will respond tomorrow after I take care of it.  Thanks again!
Matt
lathan 
Copper - Posts: 105
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2004 at 11:56 PM / IP Logged  
metaverse gave sound advice! I had a protege with the same damn problem for two days... lol
Lathan Hites
"I'm sorry, without a credit card I'll be requiring a stool sample"
mdhesse 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2004 at 6:01 PM / IP Logged  
Rock solid advice on the relays!  It is working and I could not be happier.  Thanks again and I will be watching the forum to see if I can "pay it forward". 
Matt
metaverse 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2004 at 8:48 PM / IP Logged  
I'm glad it fixed your problem (mdhesse) and lathan's problem as well.. I'm paying it forward myself.. ;)
metaverse 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2004 at 8:48 PM / IP Logged  
I'm glad it fixed your problem (mdhesse) and lathan's problem as well.. I'm paying it forward myself.. ;)

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic