icon

dodge ram with viper 550

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jojoe01 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2004 at 11:38 PM / IP Logged  
i have a 2002 dodge ram witha viper 550, it has remote start and i just had the window module installed a few months ago, the installer set it up so that when i pushed "aux" the windows rolled down and when i pushed "aux and panic" they would go up, i noticed when i activated the windows from the remote i could hear the relays click while each window went up..they stopped working for some reason, when i try to activate them i hear nothing and nothing happens, i also used both remotes to make sure..is there anything i could check myself before i have to take it back in..i think he said he used DEI modules???..any help???    thx  jojoe..
jojoe01
lathan 
Copper - Posts: 105
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2004 at 12:07 AM / IP Logged  
hi ,first off- u paid ur installer to work on ur car and a real installer will stand behind their work. if the installer for some reason is inexperienced it will be good practice for him to work til he gets it right, and if he is of the most seasoned installers he will want to fix it due to reputation  and pride. I have come to find out that when I have seen a relay quit its normally due to inproper installation.. grounding etc. take it to the installer and dont stand over him while he works. i can remember years ago when it was hard enough to have something come back that needed tweaked or fixed, and having the customer there just adds to the stress. let him have some time and the problem will be remedied! good luck and peace
Lathan Hites
"I'm sorry, without a credit card I'll be requiring a stool sample"

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic