icon

Ungo ms-2000 going off every 20 minutes

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Yacht2cool 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2002 at 10:20 PM / IP Logged  
I currently have a clarion Ungo Ms-2000 alarm system and and remote start module in my 96 Pontiac Grand Am.  When ever i turn off the engine and exit my car i arm the alarm just as anyone would.  Then exactly 20 minutes after i set the alarm, the alarm goes off.  I bought both the ms-2000 and the remote start module on e-bay and when i recieved them, the alarm looked new(despite the half - destroyed box) and the remote start module looked as if it had been used.  Does anyone have any suggestions to why the freakin alarm goes off 20 minutes after i set it.  The weird thing is i can turn the alarm off once it starts blaring after 20 minutes and after that it won't go off again.
96 Grand am
Pyramid 1000 watt amp
Pyramid 280 watt amp
Audiobahn ABP12 Bandpass
Clarion Ungo Ms-2000 alarm w/ remote start module
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 09, 2002 at 5:10 PM / IP Logged  

What are you using for door trigger?  On most late-model GM cars, the BCM (Body Control Module) goes to "sleep" after exactly 20 minutes.  If you're using the underdash courtesy light for a door trigger, the BCM sets your alarm off.

Grab the GREEN/ black in the driver's kick; this catches the driver's door.  The light blue in the passenger's kick catches the passenger's door(s).  Put a diode on each, and wire the other end of each diode into your alarm's door trigger input.

asydbern 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2002 at 9:27 PM / IP Logged  

Where did you get your alarm installed and how much they charge u,  what did they program it to do,  Do you have any wiring diagrams for the ungo?

Bryon

Ohmz 
Copper - Posts: 193
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2002 at 7:34 AM / IP Logged  
I remember if you don't use a diode on the trunk, the alarm would also be triggered every 10-20 minutes.
My Personal Installer Note: Connectors are easy, neat, and professional. But do you know how to crimp properly?
trigunex 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2002 at 11:07 PM / IP Logged  
I too have an Ungo Security system.  Mine is a MS2004 model.  My alarm system also has major problems, such as: Chirping whiling I'm driving, going off on its own and at the most remote times, very extremely sensitive at times, other times it just won't sound off at all?, etc.  The list goes on.  I got mine installed supposely "professionally".  Took mine to a place called "Sound Solutions" to get it installed.  All my friends took their cars there.  They never had any problem.  I did.  Don't know why, so now I'm assuming Clarion Ungo Car Alarms have problems with them.  Tried emailing and calling up Clarion, but never response.  p***ks!!!  Sound Solutions are still trying to figure it out as well.  My opinion, NO MORE CLARION UNGO's from now on!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic