icon

Need help designing enclosure for RE8 DVC

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
GSR Jay 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2004 at 11:27 PM / IP Logged  
So it looks like a ported enclosure is the way to go.
I'm thinking of building an enclosure that hugs the side of the trunk to save space and to maintain access to the spare tire if necessary. Will placing the port on a side of the box that is perpendicular to the face of the sub change how it responds?
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 15, 2004 at 7:38 AM / IP Logged  

It should be okay that way, but I would try to figure out a way to get the vent opening to the face of the sub if it were me.  You would need a port length that is longer than any individual side of the box, so bending the tube is the way to go with this one.  PVC pipe with an elbow.

BTW, when you punch in the numbers of your sub into WinISD, the Xmax you listed in this post is for one-way, while the input the program wants is peak....so double the 12 and put in 24mm.  I punched the specs (leave Qts out and let the program calculate it) in for your sub, and let the program figure out the best scenario (just click through the dialog boxes).  The only thing I played with was port opening size, because you can see what a long port you would have with a bigger opening.  Your sub gets a very nice graph characteristic.

Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic