icon

Digital Design Subs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kamber 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2004 at 8:02 PM / IP Logged  

does anyone know anything about them? i cant remember where exactly i heard of them, all i remember is hearing that they were DAMN good subs. I tried visiting their website (ddaudio.com), but that didnt really answer my question. I was wondering if these subs were designed strictly for SPL, or would they make good SQ subs? Personally, a sub that can be used in both spl, and sq (sql???), would be the perfect sub for me, so if anyone knows of a specific model they build for both spl & sq, that would be great too! 

Thanks in advance.

stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 16, 2004 at 12:15 AM / IP Logged  
I think the majority of quality subs can be used for either SQ or SPL.  It all depends on:  the quality of the power going to them (ohm load on the amp, amp brand...), how many you are using, the quantity of watts, and most importantly the enclosure design and construction.  If it were defined as simply as 'ported vs. sealed' there again the majority of subs would fit into either catagory based on their T/S parameters.  But what was the question?  Oh yeah...no I never heard of them. 
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
Asmodeus 
Silver - Posts: 393
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2004 at 1:50 AM / IP Logged  

For the most part The DD Subs are created to handle LARGE Amounts of power and are typically designed and used for SPL...And Man do they bring the noise...I have seen one DD 12 hit high 140s in a stock Volkswagon Jetta.....

The subs are tough as nails but they are power hungry little bastards....I havent done installs using them but I have been to Many Many shows where the DD subs brought down a lot of trophys.....

Digital Design Subs -- posted image.
Making the World A Louder Place
xTimx 
Copper - Posts: 354
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2004 at 7:09 AM / IP Logged  
i actually seen a single 15" do 172db's it was nutz!
xTimx
fuseblower 
Silver - Posts: 403
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2004 at 8:14 AM / IP Logged  
These are pretty good subs and can get real loud but as Asmodeus they are very power hungry.  I was once told that they are made by Audiobahn.  Never been able to fin any ties between these two companies.  Maybe one of the other guys in the 12volt network can help you out a little more.
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2004 at 10:50 AM / IP Logged  
Not made by audiobahn in any way shape or form and xTimx I wanna know where you saw a single 15 hit 172, because the highest canadian record I can find it 170.4 and that was a single RFL.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
pimpincavy 
Silver - Posts: 880
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2004 at 11:27 AM / IP Logged  
I heard a DD 15" running of a 3000 watt mx autotek amp. THE loudest one sub setup ive heard. It was in a '15 bonniville and it was destroying the car. As far as one sub hitting 170s. Their is a cavalier on cardomain with one 18" (i think its 18) MMATS juggernaut that hit over 170.
kickerstang 
Copper - Posts: 180
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2004 at 12:40 PM / IP Logged  
 Nate Munson used a single DD 10 and a single viper amp in his orange VW( i think it was a VW) and did a 169.2, granted he was only pressuring a small area, but still loud nonetheless.  The loudest vehicle in the world, ran by Mike Jones,uses all crossfire amps and DD subs, 5 15's to be exact.  He is somewhere in the 170's, not exactly sure. So, would you say they are a good quality sub or not??  DD is probably one of the best SPL subs around, not so sure about the SQ side of them though, I don't think I've ever actually seen them in a normal street beat setup, only SPL.  I helped built a ford festiva a few years back that had 8 9500 series 12's on 16 memphis 1000d's.  You could say it was absolutley LOUD!!! The box wasn't tuned right though so it wasn't world record material or anything.  I didn't know anything about tuning and ports back then so I had no part in the box building aspect of the build, i was just the wiring guy. Anyway, yes they are and extremely good sub if you are going for SPL.
what!?!?! you want some??
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2004 at 1:46 PM / IP Logged  
Kickerstang, that car was an older civic hatchback, I have the mag were it was featured. And in that car you have to remeber that it was not even drivable really. The entire interior was made from MDF and the whole damn thing was geared around putting up high spl numbers. And as far as the loudest vehicle in the world goes, that record seems to change hands daily and no one can seem to keep the classes strait so I wouldnt put to much faith in it
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2004 at 5:53 PM / IP Logged  
And then there is me   (8) 12inch subs in a festiva....and it is daily driveable if you dont mind the wall right behind your head...haha
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic