icon

Installing Eclipse AVN 2454 on a Nissan

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jones100001 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2004 at 10:37 PM / IP Logged  
I got a 2000 Maxima.  There are 3 wires that I not quite sure where to hook them up to.  They are labeled, speed, reverse, and parking.  I'm assuming parking can be grounded but not sure about the other two.  Any help would be great.
boostedcivic 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2004 at 11:36 PM / IP Logged  

The speed wire would go to the vehicle speed sensor which on your car is WHITE/ green and located by the ECM. The reverse wire would activate the back up camera view on your monitor, if you do not have a camera then dont worry about it, if you do then tap it into the back up lights switch. I am not sure about an eclipse HU but usually to bypass the saftey lock you ground the parking wire.

Jason

jones100001 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2004 at 9:03 AM / IP Logged  
boostedcivic wrote:

The speed wire would go to the vehicle speed sensor which on your car is WHITE/ green and located by the ECM. The reverse wire would activate the back up camera view on your monitor, if you do not have a camera then dont worry about it, if you do then tap it into the back up lights switch. I am not sure about an eclipse HU but usually to bypass the saftey lock you ground the parking wire.

Jason

Thanks for the response.  What's does ECM stand for?

boostedcivic 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2004 at 4:21 PM / IP Logged  

The ECM is the Electronic Control Module.

Jason

jones100001 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2004 at 9:34 AM / IP Logged  
Do you know the location of ECM and what color wire/where is back up light switch?
ghostman 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2004 at 10:51 AM / IP Logged  
I'm probably going to pick up this unit this weekend. So does grounding tha parking wire really allow you to watch dvds while driving? I wouldn't be watching, but my wife would when we go on long trips.
Also, how do the dvds look and can you play vcds?
Thanks
boostedcivic 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2004 at 2:03 AM / IP Logged  

The ECM should be at the front of the transmission hump, Sorry I took so long yo respond.

Ghostman, DVD's generally look pretty good on a high quality screen. I am not sure if you can play VCD's on this unit.

Jason

ilvwhtgrls 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2004 at 4:07 PM / IP Logged  

anyone happen to know where the vss wire would be on a 96 maxima?  i cant find it on directechs or techsoft..

thanks

Eye am so re todd did.
jones100001 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2004 at 11:26 AM / IP Logged  
boostedcivic wrote:

Jason

I was told that WHITE/ green wire is tachometer.  Is it the same thing as speed sensor?

metaverse 
Copper - Posts: 210
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2004 at 7:28 PM / IP Logged  
Tachometer is not the same as a speed sensor. Tachometer is engine RPM and usually is from crankshaft sensor. Speed Sensor is usually off the transmission. In your case,speed sensor is a pink/blue wire "Located on the rear of the instrument cluster in the 20 pin brown plug. Do not start the car with the cluster unplugged. Can also find the wire at the ECM"
Tachometer is a WHITE/ green wire "Located on the rear of the instrument cluster in the white plug. Do not start the car with the cluster unplugged. Can also find the WHITE/ green at the ECM located in the front of the center console on the transmission hump"
I would take the tach and speed sensor wires from the cluster, and not mess with the ECM..hard to reach..sensitive pressure connector for the pins. Besides, unless you are soldering, there is no way to tap into the wires @ECM and keep the factory connector sealed. I own 2 nissans with remote start and Navi, I speak from experience...
The reverse wire is not for camera exclusively. You will have to tell the GPS sensor which way are you going so it can position the cursor on the navi screen and do the math accordingly. Granted you are not going to go 80 miles in reverse gear, but it is critical if you are doing dead reckoning and breadcrumbing (where the car will take you back to where you started even if it does not have a map listed for the area you are in) Kind of a paper trail for the navi unit. Do not skip wires..there is a reason why they tell you to install them.. Hook he reverse wire to the wire that shows 12volts when in reverse..as mentioned earlier, go to the reverse lights in the tail light cluster and tap into the 12v wire for the bulb. I know people will tell you it will work fine without it..but, why skip it if you can find it ?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic