icon

Sirius not working

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
twisted logic 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2004 at 8:46 AM / IP Logged  

I have a KDC-MPV5025 receiver,KDC-719 CD Changer and a KTC SR901 Sirius tuner. The changer and deck work fine but when you select Sirius all that comes up is SR CH- on the display, no sound at all. It has been activated but in all the manuals all I can find is something about an O-N switch that does not exsist on the changer. is this the problem or do you have any ideas? I also cannot figure out how to bring up the ESN number on the deck, but I think it is all related.

iruleyou05 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2004 at 12:28 PM / IP Logged  
one thing you should try, is to move the antenna to get better recption. With those sirius-direct is that they need to get fairly good reception to connect properly. try moving the antenna to the rear portion of your roof our somewhere where it gets fairly good veiw of the sky
twisted logic 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2004 at 12:41 PM / IP Logged  

I tried that also, usually you get an error message ANT ERR. if that is the problem. I saw on a small footnote in one of the manuals a different cable or control box may be needed if the changer does not have that switch but I want to be sure before going out and buying more stuff.

iruleyou05 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2004 at 2:01 PM / IP Logged  

that seperate control box is called a unversal tuner, that is also the same type of system that xm uses

iruleyou05 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2004 at 2:02 PM / IP Logged  
if im not mistaken, with that control box you have on that radio, you also have to get a unversal turner to go with it
twisted logic 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2004 at 2:16 PM / IP Logged  
I guess I am confused because the deck is Sirius ready. This kind of stuff kills me
rknj01 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2004 at 4:05 PM / IP Logged  
what order is the changer and sirius in?
try deck->sirius->changer
or vice versa
twisted logic 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2004 at 4:10 PM / IP Logged  
well the deck has just that one plug and the sirius has two, one for changer and one for the deck. I tried switching them but I get no sirius or changer.
stavy customs1 
Copper - Posts: 63
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2004 at 4:56 PM / IP Logged  
See if the pins in the din cable are all there. I had this happen to me at work once. If that doesnt work you most likely have a bad unit.
Best Buy Installer
ophidia31 
Copper - Posts: 78
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2004 at 5:46 PM / IP Logged  

stavy customs1 wrote:
See if the pins in the din cable are all there. I had this happen to me at work once. If that doesnt work you most likely have a bad unit.

^^^ what he said. ive seen 2 different din cables for the kenwood sirius units. one is missing a pin. are you trying to use the existing changer cable instead of running the sirius din cable that it came with? if so, run the din cable for the sirius tuner and then the changer cable from the sirius tuner to the changer itself.

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic