icon

Best amp for looks/performance

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sinistar 
Copper - Posts: 85
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2004 at 4:28 PM / IP Logged  

Blast, the sales guy has tracked me down! If only he could get me a good price for all his good gear. Here's your tip Jeff, don't eat yellow Snow's Automotive. You bout have my mind made up, real close anyways. My ARC buddy called me last night to rub in his install, said he's takin all the trophies next year, wouldn't tell me the whole setup either. We'll be chatting, still lookin at all the good ideas bein thrown around.

SIN

sinistar 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2004 at 4:58 PM / IP Logged  
Jeff, the D300 is all over the net for $1100, so hook me up. Also, there's a 2 different kinds of Eclipse aluminums out there, obviously 2 and 4 ohm, but some are goin for $200 and the others $250 a piece, so whats the difference? I know they changed them this year, so I'm curious if thats the more expensive or the cheaper ones.
Jeffpaulus 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2004 at 6:59 PM / IP Logged  

Sinistar,

I love this,     were making deals over the internet. Let me get this straight now, you saw WHAT on the internet for $1100? the amps I showed you were the D5.1200.1 and the D5.600.4. 

If you decide you want to go with Diamond, just give me a number ($$) and I will run it by my boss, he has the final say, of course...

Regarding the Eclipse subs:

I talked to my Eclipse rep, and he is just going crazy over these new subs, apparently they're the coolest thing since sliced bread.  Eclipse is claiming even better sound quality than last year's sub with a smaller sticker price. The subs you saw online might have been last year's subs on closeout, I'm not sure, but last year's subs retailed at $320, this year's are $270. Of course, I'll hook you up on that too.

So let me know what you want to do.

Oh yeah, Chris came up with a cool idea for some neon around the subs, I'll show you next time your in.

Jeff

P.S. "Got room for one more if you still wanna go to Aspen... Sound."   (name that movie)

Deck -     Eclipse CD8443 - $475
Speakers - Boston BAZ5 - $1000
Amp -      Alpine MRV-T420 - $400
Car -      1988 PLymouth Colt - $450, it's been rolled!
sinistar 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2004 at 10:44 AM / IP Logged  
Dumb and Dumber buddy, gotta love it. The D300 Alpine screen fool is what I'm talking about.They're all over for 1050-1100, so you can ask on that one. So what is the Eclipse' new model numbers so I know I'm looking at the right ones?  I'm still waiting back from my buddy on the amps chief. He's pretty confident he can get the 1200.1 and 600.4 for under $1000 easy is what he said, so we'll see. Tell Chris I'm having dreams about my install and we have some time to kick around any more and new ideas. I'll be seein you's turkeys around.  We'll keep each other posted Jeffy my boy.
dedlyjedly 
Copper - Posts: 94
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2004 at 1:22 PM / IP Logged  

out of all the amps you mentioned, i'm surprised noone has stepped up to recommend the phoenix gold.  the xenon 1200.1 is one of the best values pg has ever offered on their high end amps.  it still has the triple darlington power supply topology which has been proven time and time again as one of the cleanest, most musical circuitry designs.

for full range you could do the x100.4 @ 100 rms per cahnnel, or if you want an amp to match the x1200.1 exactly as far as chassis size is a brutal 200 rms per!

these amps are a gorgeaos brushed aluminum with a new end cap (rubber boot) design that lets you pull off a really clean "floating"amp rack and show off the wires at the same time.

although i'm a phoenix gold loyalist, if you can't ante up for the best, the eclipse would pull a respectable second place.

MECP certified, 5yrs experience, you probably otta listen bitch!!
dedlyjedly 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2004 at 1:23 PM / IP Logged  

sorry for the typos-

the model on the 200 x 4 amp is the x200.4

dedlyjedly 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2004 at 1:28 PM / IP Logged  

sorry for the typos-

the model on the 200 rms x 4 full-range amp is the x200.4

i thought i had put my two cents in, but......

the xenon offers:

*1200 rms @1-4 ohm load (load versatility)(cea 2006)

*fan cooling

*linkwits-riley crossovers

*new design for PRECISE frequency selection of lpf, subsonic, etc.

*DUAL 4 ga. 12+ and gnd terminals

all in all, go for the gold

customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2004 at 1:31 PM / IP Logged  
I think you should go with the Eclpse or an ALpine MRD-M1001, or even a JL 1000/1.
Jeffpaulus 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2004 at 2:01 PM / IP Logged  

Sinistar,

I'll get some hard numbers for you and get back to you.  Oh yeah, and please dont call me jeffy...

The Jeff

Deck -     Eclipse CD8443 - $475
Speakers - Boston BAZ5 - $1000
Amp -      Alpine MRV-T420 - $400
Car -      1988 PLymouth Colt - $450, it's been rolled!
sinistar 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2004 at 6:49 PM / IP Logged  
I too loved the way the PG Xenon series looked. As far as I can remember PG has been a reliable, solid choice. I went to the local shop and checked them out, very clean. Love the stupid little LED that comes on it and the rubber boots that dedly was talkin about is a real innovative and different design. I have looked at the Eclipse and JL amps and they're probably good performing amps, but not flashy enough for me, this setup needs to make grown men cry and girls well, you know what we want the girls to do. Tough decisions to make. Jeffy, I'll get with ya.
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic