Wiring for nissan Almera 96 (UK)

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
coupecoupe 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2004 at 4:43 PM / IP Logged  
Hi,
I'm quite new to register, but have been looking through your forum for a few months now.
I've started fitting alarms/immobilisers/remote locking kits for freinds and family etc and really enjoy it.
recently bought myself a power probe (amazing piece of kit!)
I'm due to wire in a remote locking kit to my brother's 96 almera (1.4Si - 3dr)....
Was wondering if anyone had any details on the cdl wiring (and how to link in remote locking).... i've read that it's a little tricky on these and the connections need to be made to the harness inside the driver door between the motor and the control unit - is this true?
Any other info greatly appreciated
Thanks
oh.... great site!
Ian
Liverpool
UK
naughtydog 
Copper - Posts: 90
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2004 at 5:39 PM / IP Logged  
Ian,
A bit of advise if I may....ditch the power probe. This is not a tool for the inexperienced installer. You will do more damage than good using a tool like that. You will be far better off getting a half decent multimeter and some quick connect piercing probe leads.
Oh and by the way, you're Almera is single wire locking, from memory it's neg to lock and open circuit to unlock.
There is a cdl control unit under the dash on the drivers side with a yellow/red wire. This is the wire you use( all from memory so please test first)
What alarm are you installing??
Naughty
coupecoupe 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2004 at 6:03 PM / IP Logged  

Hi Mate,

Understand your point on the power probe, but i've watched a close mate use his for ages now, and he's ran through everything about it with me on a few occasions (even before i bought mine, i borrowed his) - he's been fitting alarms for years on cars.

Cheers for wiring info - i'll look for the wire and control unit on friday (when i'm fitting the unit)

Item is an Avital Remote Access2 system (thought i'd give them a try - i've used toad(ai606's), Laserline(288's) plus autowatch and sparkrite items in the past - with good results, but no harm in trying something new) - also installed several central locking kits, window close modules, boot pop kits, created a turbo timer with a number of anti-theft features to stop it being stolen whilst running (alarm still arms and locks etc - toad ai606), also installed cent locking in a peugeot boxer maxi van with a laserline alarm - alarm locks all doors on arm, but only unlocks fronts on disarm, function button on fob unlocks rear doors. (also put led's in each handle recess so they illuminate on each locked door)

Also have a few avital tornado 2's which i've not yet tried.

Sorry for rambling - cheers for info

Ian :)

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic