icon

Autopage 850

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Sprayed 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2004 at 5:56 PM / IP Logged  

I have several questions...so..Heres my problem...I have an '01 Tahoe and it had an Alpine alarm on it when I got it....but no remotes with it...so I was just handed the stock remotes....well I have some experience installing alarm and remote starts but not much....any ways everything I read tells me that this truck has a passlock II ...well I went to walmart and had an extra key made and it works fine in the ignition WITHOUT a resistor...Does this mean I dont have Passlock II or maybe the alpine alarm on it was a remote start also??...and there is already a passlock device (which i cant find anywhere) Does the 3rd ignition wire on the Tahoe have to be hooked up??...(I have had some diagrams that have not had 3rd ign for this truck and some that do (brown wire)....and the door locks are a negative trigger??? do i have to do a 3 wire relay....and lastly do I need to bypass the stock remote keyless entry somehow??

My point is I cant get this dam truck to start and I have triple checked the wires for the remote start part(....12v constant ..1st & 2nd igns....Starter...Acc...Brake Switch and grounded the alarm)

ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED!!!

jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2004 at 7:09 PM / IP Logged  
You need to enter programming mode before the RS will try to start the vehicle. Read the manual in the programming section where it mentions the tach or voltage mode. Everything is in the manual.
J Rilla
Owner/Installer
metaverse 
Copper - Posts: 210
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2004 at 8:27 PM / IP Logged  
Yes..you need to specify what mode. Voltage/Timer/Tach. Look on page 26 of your install manual under "Start feature II programming" It will tell you how to select the appropriate mode and it spread over a couple of pages. I personally used the voltage mode last week on my Infiniti J30 with the default 0.6 second crank..works fine..even in cold weather.. no over/under crank..
Sprayed 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2004 at 10:23 PM / IP Logged  
Yea I was reading the manual and I read the part that said remote start programming....to press lock and start.....to activate the remote start....even after doing that it didnt not work......Do  you think that it has something to do with the passlock that I am unable to find!?...Thanks for the help guys.....I will try to read again in the morning....I think I would end up burning it down if I mess with it anymore tonight!!!!!
jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2004 at 9:19 AM / IP Logged  
Some models have a Pink/White 3rd Ignition that needs to be powered. I show brown as a 2nd Accessory that needs to be grabbed.
J Rilla
Owner/Installer

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic