icon

Need help with building navigation system

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
silveradoman 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2002 at 11:09 PM / IP Logged  
I have a regular cab chevy silverado and i wanted to put in a cheap navigtion system.  (I drive alot with my job)  I was thinking of doing a Pyle flip down screen because I already have a nice system and I am not willing to get a flip out screen b/c of there price.  My question is what would be the cheapest way to make a navigation system?  I was thinking of buying a naviagtion DVD to play in a DVD player but ran into the problem of not knowing of a way to hook up a GPS antenna and a remote control.  This round about method is probably not possible but i was wondering if there was any way to make this setup work AND if this is fairly difficult what would be my next cheapest options.  Thanks for helping me.
rockfblaz 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2002 at 5:56 PM / IP Logged  

ok bro, I don't know what you meant by saying you're going to buy a navigation dvd to play in a dvd player. To my knowledge, that won't work. You have to have a special dvd nav unit to do that such as the alpine nve. You can use these units with your pyle tv but you'll have to get a special connector with most of the navi units. These units will probably run you at least 1 stack. ($1000). You cannot Make a GPS nav system. Also something that you can do is if you have a laptop you can get a GPS navi system. The best ones don't even come close to the price of the specialized ones from alpine and kenwood but they are probably just as good. They come with the maps on cd and the serial port GPS. That's just another route to take. I hope I been of some assisstance.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic