the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

true?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 18, 2004 at 8:50 PM / IP Logged  

uthinkuknoaudio wrote:
Dang, well, time to sell my brahmas then for some super high quality efficient Audiobahns! lol

We chrome plate the voice coil of the sub to allow even better efficiency.  As for flames, well they will come later. true? - Page 2 -- posted image.

Steven Kephart

Adire Audio

uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver - Posts: 760
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2004 at 8:52 PM / IP Logged  
I needed a good laugh, does my brahma really have a chrome plate on that coil ? I really haven't looked at that to be sure ... As for the flames, they can make good solder as far as i'm concerned lol.
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
/r7 
Silver - Posts: 340
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2004 at 9:11 PM / IP Logged  
i'll have to send back the eclipse i got coming for a coulpe audiobahns, and do they sell baskets seperate? or even the chrome paint? i figure the more of that i have the louder it will be, im gonna be setting the baskets right next to bare metal of the trunk to get the most out of them.
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver - Posts: 760
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2004 at 9:14 PM / IP Logged  
yeah... Maybe i can get those pyramids to hit 176 db's if i just put more chrome on them and all around them.
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
Poormanq45 
Silver - Posts: 597
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2004 at 2:33 PM / IP Logged  
^^^^
That's possible. But you don't need chrome. If you have enough of there 15in drivers ($25 each?), you can hit whatever Db you want to.
dragonrage 
Copper - Posts: 193
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2004 at 4:24 PM / IP Logged  
8"s don't get low enough in their frequency response IMO.
2009 Pontiac G8 in planning stage
HU: ?
Speakers: ?
Amps: ?
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2004 at 4:53 PM / IP Logged  
I think they are forgetting about the fact that, although you DO have two drivers, you are not starting with one watt, you are starting with TWO watts - one watt each
Power
1w     84.3          82.7
2w     87.3          85.7
4w     90.3          88.7
8w     93.3          91.7
16w     96.3          94.7
32w     99.3          97.7
64w     102.3          100.7
128w     105.3          103.7
256w     108.3          106.7 (maximum output for one 8 @ 250 watts)
512w     111.3          109.7 (maximum output for two 8 @ 250 watts, each)
The way I figure it, the one 10" will STILL play louder at the same power level than two 8" drivers, even allowing for losses... NUTS! I forgot to figure *MY* Rottweiler's stomach into the numbers!!!
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2004 at 5:13 PM / IP Logged  

An 8" woofer is capable of reproducing the lowest range of human hearing, just not as efficiently as a larger cone may do so (in general.)  But frequency response actually has nothing to do with the SPL issue.

Support the12volt.com
boxmaker85 
Silver - Posts: 433
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2004 at 7:15 PM / IP Logged  
Well in a car's case wouldn't it actually have something to do w/ it?  Forgot the name of what it's called.  Something to do w/ a smaller car means greater spl at lower frequencies right?  I might be wrong.
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2004 at 9:21 PM / IP Logged  
If you're talking about cabin gain, then yes, it is frequency dependent and different for every car and for every speaker position in the car.  But the power vs expected db performance based on efficiency is not frequency dependent...
Support the12volt.com
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic