icon

which ignition wire?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kklagge 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2004 at 9:09 AM / IP Logged  
I originally posted this in General but this may be a better section.
I'll keep this as short as possible.
I bought an Alpine HU & the compatible Sirius radio adapter. The HU won't hold the Sirius presets (holds all other presets). Alpine says it's a problem with the Sirius adapter and that it can be fixed by wiring the HU's red wire (ignition lead) straight to the ignition instead of the ACC wire in the factory harness.
I downloaded a copy of your 2000 Chevy 1500 wiring info (figured it would be the same as my 2001) and I noticed it has "ignition 1" & "ignition 2" wires. Which one of those (if either) do I want to attach the HU's red wire to?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2004 at 1:33 PM / IP Logged  

Say what.... ignition is what turns the unit on and off, the yellow wire is the one that keeps the memory constant. ACC in the factory harness at the radio? Does the head unit turn on on acc or on IGN? To answer the question though, use IGN1, should be a pink wire.

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
kklagge 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2004 at 2:27 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks forbidden!!
Alpine says it's a problem with the Sirius receiver and something about a brief loss of power as the engine is cranking (accessories) and that wiring straight to the ignition will cure the momentary loss of power.
And yes my printout shows ignition1 as being pink.
lesserblue 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2004 at 2:32 AM / IP Logged  
Use a multimeter to find the answer. The wire you need should have 12+volts all the time (key on/key off). Looking here 2000 Chevrolet Silverado the "Constant 12+" is Orange. I bet it is the same on yours.
kklagge 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2004 at 11:28 AM / IP Logged  
Used the pink wire (ignition1) and it worked just like Alpine said it would. The presets are still there after a long night (would only stay for a few hours before).

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic