icon

alarm wont warn

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
daveangell200 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2004 at 3:05 PM / IP Logged  
Ive got a clifford matrix 3 in my cavalier with prox, shock, and a voice module. Ive got 2 problems. When I was testing the prox when I got too close to the car I saw the green light on the prox but it wouldnt chirp. I checked my wiring and everything looked good. My second problem is when I arm/disarm the alarm I dont hear anything from the voice module. I dont even hear anything when you come too close to the car when it should warn you. Any help would be appreciated. Ive come to this forum many times but this is my first time posting.
daveangell200 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2004 at 3:18 PM / IP Logged  
Forgot to mention that after I arm the alarm I get the chirp indicating its armed and then I get another single chirp. If I remember right this is an error chirp. What could be causing that.
draasch 
Gold - Posts: 2,172
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2004 at 9:04 PM / IP Logged  
i would start with the sensors.....d/c all the sensors and hookthem up one at a time....test the unit....if it works fine, then try the second one....until you find the one that is acting up....did you use diodes to isolate each sensor????
Good Luck
David
Ace Security
813-376-9778
Tampa
Donate to the 12volt
daveangell200 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2004 at 11:52 PM / IP Logged  
No I didnt use diodes to isolate the sensors. I dont think that that is the problem since it wouldnt warn before I added the prox and the voice module. I will try disconecting sensors and see if that will solve my problem. Would it be a good idea to use diodes. I think I understand how to hook them up what I dont understand is which way to have the stripe facing. I will let you know what I find tomorow. What could it be other than the sensors.
daveangell200 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2004 at 9:39 PM / IP Logged  
Im going to check all the sensors tonight and let you know what I find. Do you think I should diode isolate the sensors. My other problem is that the drivers side door doesent lock or unlock with the alarm. Im going to check for continuity tonight, What else could cause my problems.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic