icon

my first fiberglassspeaker box pics

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bndallas 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2004 at 11:00 PM / IP Logged  
well i had wrote in here a while back to get info on how to do good glass work. well i finished and finally got a digi camera.It's aall fiberglass box of 5 layers. I put a fleckstone texture for  it to look like carpet . the speakers are 8's and i love the way it sounds and the space i have saved. I might put two more on the oppisite side Oh yeah in case your wondering its in a ford focus zx3.
my first fiberglassspeaker box pics -- posted image.
xTimx 
Copper - Posts: 354
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2004 at 2:22 PM / IP Logged  
holy it does look like carpet. i looked at the pic first and then read the description. good job! :) keep up the good work......now all you need to do is do get yourself a bigger amp and subs and build your self a bigger enclouser! :)
xTimx
dxav 
Silver - Posts: 314
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2004 at 2:40 PM / IP Logged  
I think it looks great. How did you secure it to the car?
The texture looks good. Could have been slightly darker to match your interior, though.
DXAV
bndallas 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2004 at 5:12 PM / IP Logged  
xTimx wrote:
holy it does look like carpet. i looked at the pic first and then read the description. good job! :) keep up the good work......now all you need to do is do get yourself a bigger amp and subs and build your self a bigger enclouser! :)
I like it for now till my girls get out of strollers the the trunk will be mine " Maybe" lol
bndallas 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2004 at 5:17 PM / IP Logged  
dxav wrote:
I think it looks great. How did you secure it to the car?
The texture looks good. Could have been slightly darker to match your interior, though.
DXAV
  Yeah i wish they had darker at the time but i was impatiant. I used two bolts with I think their called wing nuts, they have anut on the end and two arms. thanksfor the comments
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2004 at 7:43 PM / IP Logged  
Two 8s on the opposite side with the same enclosure would look sweet.
s7726 
Copper - Posts: 58
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2004 at 1:40 PM / IP Logged  
Those 8s look huge in the pic, prolly cause they are in a focus though, prety small to begin with.
Gavin
SWEDISH RICE!
HottAccord 
Silver - Posts: 247
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2004 at 6:57 PM / IP Logged  
Looks really good, clean work!  my first fiberglassspeaker box pics -- posted image.
Im a fiberglass whore!!
heavilymedicate 
Silver - Posts: 328
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2004 at 7:16 PM / IP Logged  

bndallas wrote:
I like it for now till my girls get out of strollers the the trunk will be mine " Maybe" lol

As the father of 3 girls (8, 5, 1y) and one boy on the way I can say:  It will be a long, long time before your trunk is yours again, there is always something to put in it.

The enclosure is cool, i like it : )  However, that amp installation is not cool.  You want to be cool don’t you?  Mounting the amp and cleaning up the wiring, that’s cool.  Besides looking cool it will be more protected from the stuff you put in the trunk if the wiring is not exposed and the amp is in a better place. Be cool, finish the job.

"I spit in the faces of people who do not want to be cool." (Its a joke, some people may get it...)

What will you get for Christmas, bad boy? Coal........or Visonik?? - stevdart
Wow, is everyone clueless and lost in the dark? - uthinkuknoaudio
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2004 at 9:49 PM / IP Logged  
You should put sum speaker grills on there, , , , kids don't know there not indestructable.
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic