icon

03 Saturn L200, Service engine light on

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Srwven 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2004 at 12:14 PM / IP Logged  
I just finished installing a DEI 562T with DEI bypass kit on my '03 Saturn L200.  I obviously disconnected the battery during the install, along with disconnecting the radio so that I could run wires well hidden.  Reconnected everything back up now the service engine light stays on.  Any ideas?  I also ran the tach wire to the white wire at the ignition control module (I dmm'd it before-ac-and the dmm meter did increase althought by millivolts during revving) however there is a problem with that, sometimes the starter will just stay on during remote start even though the car is running until I shut it down.  So I just set the option to voltage check instead of tach check until I figure that one out.  Any help would be appreciated.
Teamrf 
Gold - Posts: 1,031
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2004 at 4:38 PM / IP Logged  
On those you have to get ground to that keysense wire. If I remember correctly it is a lt.green wire in the ignition harness. The best thing to do is find a wire on the alarm that gives ground when remote starting. I think it should be a blue wire on that alarm. Should be a status wire. Try that...but more than likely you're going to have to take it to the dealership and have that light turned off.
~The Rookie~
Rookie of the year that is...
Don't let the smoke out of your equiptment..it doesn't go back in.
NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2004 at 7:23 PM / IP Logged  
What ignition/accessory wires did you power up?
You NEED to activate the following:
Ignition: Pink (+)
Ignition 2: Green (+)
Accessory: Orange (+)
Accessory 2: Brown (+)
Starter: Yellow (+)
Keysense: Light Green (-)
ALL the above wires MUST be activated for the R/S to work. Also you need a Passlock 2 bypass which from the sound of it you have. Does the service light stay on when you start it with the remote, or the key? If both, you most likely tripped the light by not powering up all the necessary wires on the remote start. Disconnect BOTH battery terminals for at least 15 minutes and then reconnect and start the car with the key. If the starter stays on while the remote start is running, are you sure you connected the starter wire to the starter wire, and not an accessory wire to the starter wire or something? Anyway there's some things to think about get back to us with some more info and maybe we can offer more help.
Mike
Srwven 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2004 at 7:51 PM / IP Logged  
I did hook up the keysense wire with the status output wire, as well as to the 555L bypass. I still get the car's alarm sensor light on, that is another topic I started. I think I need to hook up a relay to that. Anyhow back to this topic: it is the check engine light (yellow wrench symbol)that is on during remote start and when key started. Everything is hooked up including keyless entry, dome lights(relay), and trunk release (relay). I used a relay to connect the second accessory wire as well. Weird thing is, when it is set for tach sensing, it doesn't always grind the starter the entire time. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't, so I just set the DEI brain to voltage sense instead of tach sense and that keeps it from grinding(which tells me it is something with the tachometer wire). I am thinking the current isn't enough or something, maybe the wire is too long for the millivolts that goes through it creating enough resistance to make the reading too low-thereby not deactivating the starter? I am going to recheck the wires at the ignition control module with a dmm. After each harness I connected (soldered) I double checked that the harness wires were all connected to the right wires. If I hooked up an accessory wire to the starter it would start anytime the key was was in run or accessory.
Srwven 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2004 at 2:15 PM / IP Logged  

I think I figured out why the starter grinds sometimes, I never did the tachometer learn sequence!  Duhh!  I am a staunch RTFM, I have read that manual several times.  Was going over it again today and found that section!  Will try it later on today and report back!

Srwven 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2004 at 1:03 PM / IP Logged  

Well I figured out why the vehicle's alarm sensor light and the servicelight/check engine light came on.  It was all due to the keysense wire.  Just hooking up a (-)status output from the rs didn't work.  I had to use a relay triggered by the negative status output to open up a chassis ground to the keysense while in remote start.  That made both lights go off.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic