icon

BMW EWS II Wire Location

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kevlad 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2004 at 3:08 PM / IP Logged  
Im doing the prep on my 99 BMW Alpina convertible before installing intellistart 4 to my clifford ig 950 and the only wire I cant find is the 2 green EWS II wires. I have built a module the same as the DEI 555 module (cannot get in UK, easier and cheapr to build one) but need to connect this to bypass the EWS.
Ive taken the fire panel off from underneath the dash but looking at the ignition barrel, I cant see the wires. Do they head off towards the steering wheel?
Where is the main EWS transceiver module ?
Any help appreciated
jimmeezgolfvr6 
Silver - Posts: 258
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2004 at 4:24 PM / IP Logged  
the wires start at that black plastic piece that's right at the end of the ignition barrel, right where the key sticks in. they may not necessarily be green. these wires end up terminating at the EWS module located pretty much under the steering column a little to the left. but then my experience with canadian models of bmw may not be consistent with european models. btw, you can go to a bmw dealer to purchase that EWS ring with the wires hanging out of it, and use that as a bypass module. works like a charm. good luck!
all problems can be resolved with a hammer
kevlad 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2004 at 10:22 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks jimmeez.....

Does it matter which of the side of the EWS ring I connect to?  I know I have to connect the new EWS2 ring in parallel with the existing one and include a relay but the DEI diagram I have is not specific about which wire to cust and which to connect directly to....

Cheers 

jimmeezgolfvr6 
Silver - Posts: 258
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2004 at 1:16 PM / IP Logged  
i know which DEI diagram you're referring to. i don't think it matters which wire is which since it's worked for me everytime. but then with 50/50 odds, maybe i've just been lucky everytime! hope it works out for you.
all problems can be resolved with a hammer
Patel 
Copper - Posts: 86
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2004 at 4:11 PM / IP Logged  
try thisBMW EWS II Wire Location - Last Post -- posted image.
the colours are sumtimes different but just follow the wires out of the factory ring, ive always used a ring from BMW, a relay and the small plastic valet key

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic