icon

sq woofer

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
thapimpfromchi 
Silver - Posts: 616
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2004 at 2:51 AM / IP Logged  
Hey guys, I am looking to get a nice SQ woofer, but i want LOUD at the same time. I've been reading through alot of the posts, and i keep hearin people say eclipse. i havent really heard any of eclipse's high end stuff. I have heard the lower end stuff and i was NOT impressed, but I know there are alot of things that may have played a factor in that. Anyhow, i currenty have a Diamond Audio M6 15" MKII in a ported box, and well, its loud. but not that clear. I know the w7's are supposed to be sq woofers, and can still slam like no tomorrow. But that is alot of money for a single woofer. Are there any alternatives out there that I dont know of? I am considering the Brahma, but im kinda sketchy with buying from them. thank in advance.
1990 Honda Civic HB:
Clarion DXZ545MP H.U.
2- 6.5" Power Acoustik interiors
Diamond Audio 600.1 amp
Diamond Audio 15" M6MKII
Pyramid PB881X 4 CH. Amp
kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2004 at 3:28 AM / IP Logged  
Why sketchy about buying from Adire? Gosh, in my mind they're one of the most honest, no BS companies out there right now. They don't spend tons on a flashy website and commercials, but concentrate on R&D and kick ass products for the price.
If I had to buy a new woofer it would be a Brahma.
New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2004 at 10:30 AM / IP Logged  
I agree... The Adire stuff if phenomenal gear, and would never hesitate to buy from them. The Braham will WALK anything from JL, provided you give it good power, and I don't necessarily mean enough, but I mean quality. Even on cheezy amps, though, it'll sound good. I appreciate your hesitancy to buy from someplace that does not have a brick-n-mortar, but like kfr01 said, Adire is a forthright and honest company. You do not have to worry about purchasing from them.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2004 at 10:44 AM / IP Logged  
I agree with the above, but one suggestion you might consider is using your Diamond M6 (a very nice woofer for the price) and putting it into a sealed enclosure at 1.75 to 2.0 CUFT.  This will result in far superior SQ than using a ported enclosure, especially since the M6 is designed for a sealed enclosure.  Running it sealed will eliminate the need for a high pass (so-called subsonic) filter, which will sound better at the extreme low end since you won't be listening to a port...
Support the12volt.com
Lizardking 
Copper - Posts: 184
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2004 at 11:14 AM / IP Logged  
I used to have the Diamond M6 line and I traded in for Eclipse subs and all I can say is WHOA!   The Eclipse subs walk all over those Diamonds and the SQ is something else.
jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2004 at 5:59 PM / IP Logged  
I would personally go with an eclispe aluminum series sub or a w6v2 jl sub
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver - Posts: 760
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2004 at 6:38 PM / IP Logged  

Adire Audio Brahma, great sq woofer and loud as can be with good power and a good enclosure. Highly recommended.

"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 23, 2004 at 10:38 PM / IP Logged  

Wow, thanks guys.  I'm happy we have such a good reputation.

haemphyst wrote:
The Braham will WALK anything from JL,

We appreciate the sentiment (sp?), but I will say that I believe the W7 is comperable with the Brahma.  It really is a nice driver and has some awesome engineering within.  It's just expensive. 

BTW, my boss actually talks to the guys down at JL regularly (Manville Smith, etc.).  JL is one of the few larger companies with some pretty good engineers working for them.  Most of the other companies sub out the designs on their products; a lot of that design work to us interestingly enough. sq woofer -- posted image.

haemphyst wrote:
 I appreciate your hesitancy to buy from someplace that does not have a brick-n-mortar, 

You must not have seen our dealers page.  We actually have an extensive brick-n-mortar dealer network worldwide.  Here's a link: http://www.adireaudio.com/TextPages/DealerListFrameText.htm    I guess our presence online has given us a reputation as an online-only company.  But the reason why we don't have dealers in every town is because our retail side is kind of small.  However, it will be growing quite a bit next year. sq woofer -- posted image.

Steven Kephart

Adire Audio

bamaboy 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2004 at 6:12 PM / IP Logged  
How much are you going to spend?
*99 blazer*
*Infinity 6.5" in doors*
*Re SX 12*
*Viper 1200.1*
*2.5cu ft tuned to 35hz*

thapimpfromchi 
Silver - Posts: 616
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2004 at 6:15 PM / IP Logged  
Im not sure, I'd like to stay under 500 per woofer, but if deemed worthy, ill spend up to a grand on a woofer.
1990 Honda Civic HB:
Clarion DXZ545MP H.U.
2- 6.5" Power Acoustik interiors
Diamond Audio 600.1 amp
Diamond Audio 15" M6MKII
Pyramid PB881X 4 CH. Amp

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic