icon

05 Chevy Equinox

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
gatf4 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2004 at 11:52 PM / IP Logged  

I'll be installing a Valet 554R w/remote start after Thanksgiving and I have a few questions.   It's my wifes new truck so I don't dare screw anything up!

The Dei wiring diagram says that I don't need to hook up the start wire for the vehicle to remote start.  If this is true then the Car itself will be cranking the starter even in remote start mode?  If that is true then do I not need the tach wire hooked up?

Also my supplier didn't send any door lock relay so does that mean the DEI module will operate the door locks by itself?

One last thing, the DEI wiring didnt specify any wires for the rear door triggers?

Thanks in advance for any info.

jtmack1 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2004 at 7:58 PM / IP Logged  
This car dosent have a starter wire . When the Ecu sees a ignition input but it loses its acsessory wire the car will crank the starter. It also has the passlock 2 system so you will need a interface for that. I would Still hook up a tach wire because the ignition harness is low current on that car so it may not sense that the car has started in tachless mode. I belive that the locks a re no big deal and you shoulnt need any extra parts. If you dont have wiring    diagrams for this car post back and I dig them up for you.   
gatf4 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2004 at 10:06 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks JTmack1.  I will hook up the tach wire.  Does the DEI RS system provide this signal in the right sequence to start the vehicle with out the Starter wire.  I do have the passlock interface and the wiring from DEI.  Thanks again.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic