icon

96 saturn power point

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bonehed 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2004 at 3:01 PM / IP Logged  
No need to apologise dxav, I did nothing more important than replacing the oven light. And I think that's why I gained an astonishing 37 pounds. If the light had not been on, those evil calories that make me sleepy and fat would never have been able to grow. :)
Yes, all her interior lights work.
I may call one of the dealers like you said, I just don't like the attitude that some take towards do-it-yourselfers. (no offense to anyone)
Short of taking apart the fuse box under the hood and tracing the orange wire through the loom to the lighter I can't think of anything else to do to find the break.
Thanks for your continued attention dxav
dxav 
Silver - Posts: 314
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2004 at 7:40 AM / IP Logged  
No problem. Can you take the lighter out and test the wires behind the unit? Maybe the connections to the lighter are loose.
Be honest if you call the dealer. Just tell them your lighter doesn't work, and ask for the location of the fuse.
I seem to remember when I blew my lighter fuse, it was the only electrical thing that didn't work. I seem to remember the fuse located on the left side where the passenger sits. If you are looking at the radio, down and to the right a panel should pop off. Check all the fuses there, even if you don't know which is which. The inside of the panel should give a chart, too.
Good luck,
DXAV
bonehed 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2004 at 8:58 AM / IP Logged  
Hi dxav,
I checked the wires at the back of the plug first thing.
Had a good ground but no 12 volt.
Next time my daughter comes by I'll look for that panel you mentioned. I'll let you know.
Thanks again
bonehed 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2004 at 7:27 PM / IP Logged  
Mr.dxav you are the man. My daughter came by the other evening and there is a fuse panel on the passenger side of the console. I have no valid excuse except for dumassiotis for not finding it before. For any others who care the fuse was labeled SUN. It is about in the middle of the block.
I popped in a 20 then a 25 and they both blew instantly when I inserted the cigarette lighter plug. (there was no fuse even in the socket before I started)
So I told her to go get a replacement lighter plug and then we will see.
I did not expect a fuse panel to be located where you said it was. Surprised the crap out of me. Thanks much Amigo.
my forte is analog electronics so if I can ever help in that respect I would be honored to do so.
Thanks again for your help
bonehed 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2004 at 7:36 PM / IP Logged  
And also, there is no glove-box light.
(she got one of the cheap ones I guess) :)
Thanks to all
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic