icon

Scion Tc underbody neon install

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
toby3002 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2004 at 10:01 PM / IP Logged  

I need help installing 4 neon lights to my Scion tc.

I know the car is very new to the market so not a lot of people know the specifics, so i just need a couple of general questions answered. I bought a neon lighting kit off of ebay and i have 3 out of the 4 lights installed and the switch installed. My questions are:

How the heck do i get the wiring from the switch (inside the car) to the battery? The advice i was given was to drill a hole through the firewall but it seems a little extreme (not to mention i dont have a drill small enough to get in there).

Also the wires for all four lights are supposed to attach to a central hub where i then hook it into the negative end of the battery and the switch and battery (positive end). My wires are too short so i will get some longer ones, but i dont know the best place to run the wires. I was wondering if i should run the wires around the top of the wheel well and underneath the front and back of the car, or just try to mount the wires direcly under it.

Finally, for anyone familiar with the tC, i was wondering if there was an easier way to install the front neon. It seems like the only way would be to cut a slit through the plastic floorpan and mount the light lengthwise through the little flat area. I am kind of nervous to do any sort of irreversable cutting into my new car.

I would appreciate any help anyone has. Thanks.

xaudiopipex 
Copper - Posts: 66
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2004 at 9:54 PM / IP Logged  
normally there are hole in the firewall somewhere to run wires.  you can always run them under and around the engine and everything and up to the battery.  id say just make it easier and add lenght to your wires.  just zip-tie it to to something, if its not exactly level nobody is going to know the difference unless they get down and inspect it.
Asmodeus 
Silver - Posts: 393
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2004 at 12:32 PM / IP Logged  

Where ever you route your wires make sure that where you attach them that they wont get hot and melt causing a short...and make sure they arent near a moving piece that could pinch them and cut them....

There should be a rubber grommet on the driver side up under the dash....It will have a lot of wires comming out of it...You can cut a small slit in that to get your wires through the firewall...Just dont cut any of the wires that are in the bundle comming through it...Once you get a hole in it get an old Wire coat hanger and use it to get your wires through the grommet....

Scion Tc underbody neon install -- posted image.
Making the World A Louder Place

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic