icon

Which amp for the AW1206Q's?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
stucksittinhere 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2002 at 6:43 PM / IP Logged  

I was hoping you guys could help me out. I wanted to get the Audiobahn AW1206Q's. They are the 12" Flame subs with rms of 1100 watts. First off i wanted to know if these subs are a good choice?? Next, if they are, what amp or amps would be good for running these, and what else would i need(i.e. extra battery...). Thanks for the help, I appreciate it.

djfearny2 
Silver - Posts: 810
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2002 at 8:16 PM / IP Logged  
not the best amp but i have set up two of those speakers on a jbl 1200.1 amp and they hit really hard in a sealed box my stumach was vibrating.
Jon
Installer/Help Technician
---coral springs florida---
mecp certification is not always needed. I have it and it has not helped me out at all. my experience out shines it.
bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2002 at 11:41 PM / IP Logged  

First off Amp's if you want to spend the money I would go with the Audiobahn A1801DQ it’s about $600 If not then you could get a Boss rev-3000D it’s about $300.00 I have used both amps and would recommend either one of them.  As far as the subs go if you have the extra money go with the 08’ But the 06’s are a fine sub. Run them ported as they are not designed for a sealed enclosure. As far as accessories go the only thing I would suggest is a capacitor and a large gauge power wire...  

http://www.bossaudio.com  

http://www.audiobahninc.com

stucksittinhere 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2002 at 5:34 AM / IP Logged  
I have two questions and im not sure if theyll sound dumb or not but im going to ask them. First off, will the boss amp last or is it a cheap product. Im sure from what you said its pretty good but im just checking. Next, what is the difference besides the RMS of the 08's and 06's. Also, in capacitors, are there any certain brands that are better than others or is it all preference. thanks for the help
Aw1208q 
Copper - Posts: 42
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2002 at 5:24 PM / IP Logged  
the 08s are bigger. the 1208 rms is 1500 and the rms on the 1206 is 1100. i would use the a18001dq amp to push the 06s. i have heard the 06s in a sealed box pushed by a a18001dq and it knocked hard. but to get the most out of them you need them in a ported box. also the major difference between the 06 and 08 is the 08 is dual 2ohm VCs when the 06s are dual 4ohm.
stucksittinhere 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2002 at 10:23 PM / IP Logged  
what do i have to do for the alternator, i have read that if you use a lot of power you have to get a new one. will i have to do that, or is there a way around that. thanks again for all the help guys.
Aw1208q 
Copper - Posts: 42
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2002 at 9:26 AM / IP Logged  
i use the a18001dq amp on my stock battery and alt. the amp is a class d amp. i would add a second battery before change out my alt.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic