the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

remote start on '03 MDX

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
MX6boii 
Copper - Posts: 74
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2004 at 7:11 PM / IP Logged  
Hey, I'm having trouble installing a Valet 561R in a '03 MDX. Here are my questions:
1. Where can I find the wires to arm(blue/white) and disarm(BLACK/ red to blue) the oem alarm? Wiring diagram says driver lock key cylinder. I don't know how to get to it.
2. Tach wire. I've tested every wire on the connector behind the tach. Either they don't have any AC voltage or a lot of voltage that does not increase when I step on the gas.
3. 555I transponder: I can't locate the keysense, immobilizer, and data wires. I might've found them but just want to make sure. The keysense wire I found is located at a black 2 pin connector near the key hole. The other two wires I found are in a blue connector at the top-back of the steering column. I know one of those are wrong.
4. Door lock: is it (-)lock or (+)lock? I found the wires that operate the door lock motor on the driver side. Can I use those wires instead? Or should I get the proper power lock/unlock wires from the passenger MUX unit? The door lock harness has wires green:(-)lock(+)unlock and blue:(+lock)(-)unlock.
5. The remote start unit has a 4 pin satellite harness. It's the first that I've seen this. So where do I connect those wires (staus output,accessory trigger, starter trigger, ignition trigger)? So far I have the status grounded and the others connected to the ignition harness matching the wires description. Once I put the fuses back in the engine starts to crank non stop.
That's about it.
Thanks for help guys.
ksingh 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2004 at 8:57 PM / IP Logged  

first of all disconnect that 4 pin connector on the relay pack and disconnect those wires they are just for different features

so yeah just disconnect those wires and take that connector out of the relay pack and then put ur fuses back into the r/s harness and the car should be good i had that problem already so i been through that already

now as for the wire diagram on that vehicle i dont have but the site should have and also for the lock/unlock thats a (-)negative type doorlock system and you can use the wires that are comming out from the lock on the drivers door but then u got to fish the wires through into the car

you can just go straight to the fuse box on the drivers side dash and trace the wires that are comming out from the door see what colors the wire switch and just check it at the fuse box and also for the disarm wire you can just hook that disarm wire up to the unlock wire and you should be fine

i wish i had the diagram to help you out but thats all i got 

oh and one last thing that orange wire comming out from the H1 harness dont connect that wire at all its just for an optional starter kill relay you dont need it

i am talking about that skinny orange wire that is on the h1 harness with the parking light/door trigger and etc

if you do connect that wire to a 12 v source it will damage that relay and ur starter kill wont work i did it and thats how come i know i learn from my mistakes

good luck

Kenny
profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2004 at 11:40 PM / IP Logged  
1. pop the door panel open and locate the wire thats comin out from teh key hole.
2. blue-The tach test connector is a 2 pin connector on the driver side fender.
3. 555H or 555U, not 555I. those transponder signals are in two harnesses, greens.
|       POWER LOCK|BLACK/ orange        |- |passenger mux unit *1       |
|     POWER UNLOCK|blue/orange        |- |passenger mux unit *1       |
*1 The passenger mux unit is attached to the passenger side fuse box in the passenger kick panel.
5. you prolly wont use these wires. you will need a status wire thats located in the five or seven pin harness
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
MX6boii 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2004 at 1:06 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for your input you guys.
At first I had that 4 pin connector disconnected, but something in my mind told me that it belongs there. Never the less I do need that one status output wire for the transponder though.
When I ordered my transponder, it was for a 555H. The company emailed me back saying that 2003's are using the 555I. I checked on a reference page and they were correct.
For the arm and disarm wire I guess I have to remove that plastic cover on the door in order to see those two wires? I took a peek from the top and there doesn't seem to be any wires down there. Maybe I have to roll up the window in order to see them. I was wondering if they could be located inside the car near the fuse box? I don't know any way of testing for them though.
Also the door lock wires, I don't really want to run two wires across the vehicle. Do you know how to test for them on the driver side? When I tested for those wires, I only found two wires out of all the connectors that responded to the lock/unlock switch. Later on they came out to be for the unlock and lock motor. Can I use those?
Thanks.
MX6boii 
Posted: December 21, 2004 at 1:05 AM / IP Logged  
Hey guys,
The semester is over and I'm back at the install. So, I found the factory alarm/disarm where profuse007 said they were. The door locks I went to the passenger MUX. I'm still having trouble locating the test connector on driver fender for the tach wire. I'm looking in the engine bay for that 2 pin connector. Is there any where else I can get a tach sense?
I don't now why DEI keep changing or adding wires that most of us don't even use. For instance can anyone tell me what these wires are for: activation input--their description made it seem like it needs to be connected in order for it to start, and accessory, starter, ignition triggers--I had these all connected earlier. Again, this is a Valet 561R.
Good news is that it attempts to start. I'm only left with the bypass module in which the company I ordered from said that I should be using a 555I instead of a H. Currently, the location of the wires according to the manual isn't matching up to the car. I'm checking on that now.
Thank for your help.
profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2004 at 1:53 AM / IP Logged  
-its a two pin harness but one wire comin from it. theres a rubber cover over it and might be taped to a split loom or hang on a wall.
--->alternative tach wire, look at the coil and look for blue wire and test it. 1-6V AC
--->alternative tach wire, look at any fuel injector and take the uncommon wire and test it. 1-6V AC
-whte/blu -activation input, not needed. all the others are needed.
-my info says 555H, but it could be wrong. i guess stick w/ the 555I, then.
goodluck
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
Beyond Sadistic 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2004 at 3:46 PM / IP Logged  

Not to hi-jack the thread, but I'm having a simliar problem, and I'm not that experienced with wiring.  I'm trying to install the 561R into an 01 Grand Prix, and I've already figured that I need a 555L to bypass the Passlock system, but my question has to do with relays.  On basically every page of the book, it tells you to use a relay here for this and that.  I'm not sure if it wants me to use a factory relay, or put in aftermarket relays. 

The car has factory alarms and door locks, but I don't want the 561R's remote to operate those.  I just want it to operate the Remote Start, so do I have to wire everything up?  I already had it completely installed (Or so I thought) and everything was wired correctly, I know that much, but the light wasn't lit on the box.  So, I'm clueless as of now.  I had to take everything that was installed out so the person could have their car back, until I figued out what needed to do. 

MX6boii 
Posted: December 29, 2004 at 10:12 AM / IP Logged  
They're talking about aftermarket relays. I'm assuming for changing polarity or so forth. When I installed the unit, I never had to use any additional relays. What functions do you have to add relays for?
Why don't you want to hook up the factory locks to it? It makes sense to, otherwise you'll be carrying around two remotes. Besides, you need to have the 561R to disarm your alarm when remote starting.
Good luck.
MX6boii 
Posted: January 04, 2005 at 2:22 AM / IP Logged  
Final questions before school starts and I abandon this project and hand it over to the pros if I don't get it to work.
My main problem is that I still can't find a tach wire. After heading over to the Acura dealership, a nice tech let me use his service manual to find the 2 pin test connector for the blue tach wire. With my head back in the engine bay the test connector was placed so far down and back on the fender that I could not get my hand past the brake resevoir or its metal lines. Even if I had disconnected it, there was not enough play or room for me to tap into the wire. I did happen to find a similar test connector on the passenger side fender(same color and wires). There is definitely more room over there and I'm sure I can get my hands on that one, but I'm not sure if that has the tach signal there also.
Profuse007: I tried looking for the "coil", I'm assuming you're talking about the ignition coil? The engine has a direct ignition system, so no distributor. I'm used to looking at honda engines(the simpler ones). I just found a picture of the ignition coil for this car. I was lost when I tried locating stuff on this one. I will try to look for it on my final work day on Thursday. The fuel injector wires are coverd by the intake manifold and are wrapped tightly in electrical tape with no play. I did test a wire that was plugged into the alternator. I think it read 8V AC on the meter, but did not fluctuate when the gas was pressed. I'm sure the 1-6V for the tach wire should change with engine rpm or can I use a wire with a constant voltage?
Everything else is connected. I really don't know if I have the correct data wire for the bypass module unless I can get the car to stay on when remote starting (I'm guessing because the tach wire isn't connected). Lastly, I'm still a little confused about the activation input wire. Where do I connect that to? I'm running this unit off the factory alarm so I didn't substitute the ignition wire from the main harness for the ignition wire from the starter relay packet. I was thinking that the unit should disarm the alarm when remote starting so there shouldn't be the need to keep the factory alarm from sensing that the engine was on. It seems like I can do without connecting the activation input wire because the car attempts to start with two presses on the starter button. Could the engine be stalling because of no activation input and not the tach?
I appreciate all the help. Thanks.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic