icon

Amp and subs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hersheyloc 
Copper - Posts: 86
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2004 at 9:16 PM / IP Logged  

Hey, I need a second opinion about these subs and this amp. I wanna hook up 2 of these 12" Infinity's with this 1 channel infinity amp. I wanna run two of them in parallel. Anyone, i need a second opinion.

These are the subs   http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&dept=9&WLBS=fsweb26&sku_id=0665000FS10040092&catid=11052&newdeptid=9

This is the amp   http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&dept=9&WLBS=fsweb21&sku_id=0665000FS10044432&catid=11031&newdeptid=9

Thanx

uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver - Posts: 760
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2004 at 9:40 PM / IP Logged  
Honestly, i have never been impressed by Infinity's woofers. They are decent at best. Infinity's forte in my opinion are their components and coaxils. There amps are not up to par either. Check out some reviews at www.carreview.com or www.epinions.com . I do recommend JBL though for great subs and amplifiers... www.jbl.com they are inexpensive and a great bang for the buck.
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 26, 2004 at 9:52 PM / IP Logged  
Brand issues aside, the matchup isn't great.  The woofers each are 300 watts RMS and the amp will output only 300 watts.  However, it is good that you are selecting two single 4 ohm subs so that you can parallel them to a 2 ohm load.  Try to match the total RMS of the subs to the amplifier output at 2 ohms.  You might consider, instead, using just one subwoofer at 300 to 350 watts RMS and select a DVC 4 ohm that can be wired to 2 ohms.  You should be able to find better buys, too, IMO.  Or shop your local car audio shops and get hooked up right.
hersheyloc 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2004 at 2:28 AM / IP Logged  

Hey guys, thanx for the quick replies. I totally agree with both of you on brand, and setup of the whole deal. The only reason I chose this was cuz I'm doing an install, not for myself. My buddy wants the aesthetic part of it more than the sound quality. He wants as many subs as he can fit, for as cheap. Well, hes not a big cheapo, but we only have futureshop to buy from cuz he gets some madd discounts there. And futureshop doesn't exactly carry the best of the best.  It should sound decent tho. Nothing compared to my 2 15" concepts running off a 1200 watt mono concept amp. It was sick. Not to mention, I had them set up in an 89 civic htbck.:P Thanx tho

audiobass10 
Silver - Posts: 328
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2004 at 2:45 PM / IP Logged  

I agree with uthinkuknoaudio...id much rather have a JBL amp or subs than infinities..plus you can steal the JBL 600.1 off sounddomain.com right now..i feel like buying one just for the hell of it...that amp will put out probably more than twice what the infinity puts out..thats just my opinion.

Dave
Pioneer Premier DEH-P660
15" Kicker CVR
Profile AP1000M
It's Loud
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver - Posts: 760
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2004 at 4:57 PM / IP Logged  
Maybe not twice as much, as they both are CEA rated, but definitely more, and cleaner and stronger power. JBL has impressed me a lot with their new lines, and they live up to their expectations and more. Great bang for the buck all the way around.
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
audiobass10 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2004 at 5:21 PM / IP Logged  

you can't really be sure unless you have someone do a bench test on it...i've heard of the JBL 1200.1 putting out 1400wrms..all that aside though..the JBL is deifintely the way go

Dave
Pioneer Premier DEH-P660
15" Kicker CVR
Profile AP1000M
It's Loud
hersheyloc 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2004 at 2:41 AM / IP Logged  
I dont think any of you read my second post. Futureshop doesn't carry JBL. I'm not new to the car audio thing...if it weren't for the discount we get there, I'd be shopping somewhere totally different. Infinity is probably the best thing futureshop has got. Or at least, in the price range we have. So any suggestions as to how to wire this? How loud do you think it'd be with the setup I've got. All sealed enclosures. I understand that the subs run 300 w each, and so i'd only be putting in about half of what they can handle, but again, it comes down to the look of the install as well. I just want to know if it will work, theoretically. With two of those amps, running 4 subs total, I'd say the sound should be pretty good. Then maybe later on down the road, a couple more amps will be installed, to get the subs to run to their full potential. Until then, will it work?
audiobass10 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2004 at 12:53 PM / IP Logged  
Yea, it will work.
Dave
Pioneer Premier DEH-P660
15" Kicker CVR
Profile AP1000M
It's Loud

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.