icon

Remote start 04 Hyundai Santa Fe

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Dawedgesta1 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2004 at 6:06 PM / IP Logged  

Ok I tackled the 2004 Santa Fe remote car add-on today and had some problems.  The vehicle has a factory alarm and I was adding on an Omega Car Starter to it.  I wired the power, ground, primary ignition, secondary ignition, starter, brake switch, & hood pin.  Before I wnt any further I tried to remote start the vehicle by grounding my negative trigger input wire.  Nothing happened!

The factory alarm was not even armed! and the vehicle would not start.  All that would happen was that I heard a relay keep switching on/off located near the fuse box.  Why won't the vehicle start?  Is there a factory starter relay that is stopping me from starting the vehicle?  If so how could it?  The alarm was not armed.  To verify my wiring was correct I putt a jumper between the 12 volt + and the starter wire.  The starter turned on.  I am not sure why my remote starter won't interface with the vehicle.

I need to find out what is going on here first before I can solve my other problems.

I am told to power up the brown (+) keysense wire as a third ignition to disarm the factory alarm.  Is this correct?

Can I use the factory lock wire as the trigger for the remote start?  Is this wire yellow or gray and is its output Positive or Negative? 

Please help if you can

Dawedgesta1
Dawedgesta1 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2004 at 6:22 PM / IP Logged  
Where is the keysense wire also?  I looked in the ignition harness and there is no brown wire at all?   
Dawedgesta1
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2004 at 6:30 PM / IP Logged  

As far as I know you cannot disarm the factory alarm without using the factory remote because it only arms and disarms through RF. I could be wrong but I dont think I am. Also I dont understand why its not starting for you. I cant even begin to count the number of these vehicles I have done in the last 2 months and have never had the slightest bit of problems with them. As for the factory alarm, if you want to keep keyless entry I would hook it up to the new remote control and due away with the factory one because as I said, I dont think there is a wire to disarm the factory alarm. Have you tried remote starting the vehicle with the actual remote yet?

double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
daniel2002p 
Silver - Posts: 524
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2004 at 7:15 PM / IP Logged  
Revendarat is very correct, these cars do not have a disarm wire, but function on RF.
2005 Toyota Corolla S
    1.8L VVT-i I-4
Always double check your wires with a DMM!!!
Do Not Use A Test Light!!!
MECP Certified Installer!
Best Buy 665 - IN IT TO WIN IT! TEAM MOBLE!
swamprat323 
Gold - Posts: 1,335
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2004 at 7:26 PM / IP Logged  
just courius do they passive arm, so you can still put one in. I liek they hyundai have an elentra may want to trade it in.
SoundFX411 
Copper - Posts: 153
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2004 at 12:39 AM / IP Logged  
Just did an 04 Santa Fe yesterday and used an Omega Comfort Start and had no problems.As everyone else said there is no disarm wire. You have to use the factory remotes. As far as I know they do not passive arm.
SoundFX
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2004 at 7:21 PM / IP Logged  
There is no passive arm option so as I said, as long as you dont use the factory remote to lock the doors then there wont be a problem. If the customer has a factory keyless entry remote and doesnt pay for locks and hasa  factory alarm, I will generally hook them up anyways because its only 2 wires that are right in front of my face and even after you explain it to people that they cant use the factory remote sometimes people are jsut bricks and try to do it anywyas. I would rather take the extra 45 seconds and hook up the locks than deal with stupid people later.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
iskidoo 
Silver - Posts: 1,040
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2004 at 8:12 PM / IP Logged  
Dawedgesta1 wrote:

Before I went any further I tried to remote start the vehicle by grounding my negative trigger input wire.  Nothing happened!

Did you test your start output wire on the unit? What if it's faulty? Just wondering if you tested to see if it's outputting the 12v ignition and start outputs.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic