code systems csi-100

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lookingforcool 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2004 at 7:41 PM / IP Logged  

hey all.

i've got this keyless system pretty much into my 93 mazda mx6.  i've installed the actuator on the driver's side.  no problem, pretty easy to just bolt up.

what i'm wondering is this...  does anyone know if the csi-100 has builtin lock relays?  the directions in the manual for "if you have aftermarket actuators" are pretty unhelpful.  does anyone have any idea?  i tried wiring up a couple relays the way the box for the actuator said, but it doesn't seem to be working properly at all.  [it'll lock once if you press the unlock button right after pushing the valet button while the car is on, but that's it.  great, right?]  however, the relay wiring diagram on the back of the actuator box was quite different from the relay wiring diagram on this site. 

any ideas/input?

thanks in advance!

.lfc.

swamprat323 
Gold - Posts: 1,335
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2004 at 8:00 PM / IP Logged  
yes it does.
swamprat323 
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2004 at 8:07 PM / IP Logged  
Waht dont you under stand. need it for after market locks.
BROWN / black the lock and unlock goes to ground
GREEN/ black goes to lock
PURPLE / black and purple goes to 12v
blue/black goes to unlock
lookingforcool 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2004 at 8:11 PM / IP Logged  

what i didn't understand was whether i need relays or not.  i understand how to wire the harness for the alarm, just was wondering if i need to run it to external relays or not, cause it doesn't say either way in the alarm manual, but the box for the actuator only shows how to wire it to relays.

so what you're saying is just use the wiring diagram in the alarm manual, but don't wire it to relays, just wire the triggers straight to the actuator, right?

thanks for your help!

draasch 
Gold - Posts: 2,172
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2004 at 8:23 PM / IP Logged  
triggers are different hgen door lock wire......i dont use that brand, but if you have threew ire that are outputs.....lock, unlock and a 12v wire, then you will need relays....if you have more then three wires, then you have built in relays....send or post the alarm wiring diagram....
Good Luck
David
Ace Security
813-376-9778
Tampa
Donate to the 12volt
lookingforcool 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2004 at 8:33 PM / IP Logged  

thanks draasch! 

what swamprat posted in his second reply is the wiring scheme given in my user's manual, but i really appreciate the knowledge.  just KNOWing that more than three wires means built in relays is exactly what i needed.

HUGE thanks to both of you.  i can't wait to re-wire this baby in the morning.  i've always wanted keyless entry, and i was SO bummed it wasn't working out.

thanks again, and i'll let ya'll know how it works out tomorrow!

.lfc.

lookingforcool 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2004 at 5:06 PM / IP Logged  

update...  this thing is killing me.  now i'm blowing the fuse in the lock wire everytime i do anything.

i'm just going to pull out the entire unit and start from scratch later, i guess. 

do you think i'd be better off if i just throw the code alarm unit away that somebody gave me and the cheapo actuator from the performance shop and pick up the autoloc or a1electric kit?  if so, which kit would ya reccommend?  i'm pretty broke these days, but i really wanna make this thing happen!

thanks for your input, everyone!

.lfc.

swamprat323 
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2004 at 8:37 PM / IP Logged  
What is not workign for you. You dont need relays, they are built into the brain. How are you hookign it up. How many lock do you have. How many wires are on the locks. Should be only be 2, soem locks have 4 ( skip those). What size fuse are you using.
arctic 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2004 at 8:41 PM / IP Logged  
are there different internal fuse positions for +/- locks? it's been a long time since i've done a code...
lookingforcool 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2004 at 8:54 PM / IP Logged  

well...  here we go...

i hooked up the brain as the manual stated...  i first tried using the relays, but then you guys told me i don't need them, so out they came.  i wired up the actuator [some crappy korean brand i don't know from the speed shop cause i was too lazy to order the autoloc kit in the first place.]  it's a 2 wire actuator.  the box for the actuator had a wiring diagram on the back of it that showed two relays [i know i don't need them] but it said to wire the negative trigger from the brain to the relays.  i don't know if that helps you guys at all...

i've wired the actuator like the manual says for aftermarket actuators:

2 wires to ground, 2 to 12v [inline fuses provided, 15a] and 1 to each lead for the actuator.  that just blows fuses like crazy when i try to do anything involving the remote.

i also tried the manual's directions for "negative switched" locks.

2 fused wires to ground, 2 not used and 1 to each lead.  [i also tried this through the relays as previously mentioned]  that just doesn't do anything.

so now i'm just confused and i've got a HUGE mess of wires in the passenger side floor of my car.  i'm going to pull the whole unit out tonight [except the actuator, of course] and bring it up to my apartment.  then maybe i can walk through the wiring in my head and try to clean the spaghetti up a little that has created itself due to changing stuff around so much.

i'm only running one actuator into my driver's door because my car already has a central system built-in, sorta.  the passenger door already always follows whatever happens on the driver's door as far as locking goes, so just the one should do it, i think.

if anyone has any advice, i'd be eternally grateful.  i've never felt this retarded in a car before, and i've gotten myself in WAY over my head before.  i did an entire system swap for audio in this car in 3 hours [amps/head unit/power antenna/subs/cabin speakers/everything!] on thursday.  now i'm dying getting this stupid keyless system working.

btw, the brain is controlling the horn and lights just fine, so i know it's getting juice and stuff.  but i'd like to know how brains work.  how do i wipe all the programming for the remote and options and stuff from it?  i think i got confused setting up the options, and i can't seem to get back into the remote programming thing to assign another clicker.  i'd rather just wipe the thing and start over.

again, thanks for everyone's assistance, and i'm sorry for being retarded on this one!!!

.lfc.

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic