icon

Dome light input/output 03 Taurus

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
saleen49 
Copper - Posts: 99
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2004 at 12:07 AM / IP Logged  

just trying to complete my mannix install on an 03 taurus and i haven't figured out the dome light problem i've been having, actually the dome light works fine but when i am working on the car or when i hit the unlock button after remote starting it doesn't seem to get the right input, if i hit the unlock while the door is open it will rearm in about 20 seconds even if auto arm is off, also after unlocking in remote start it is suppost to run for about 2 minutes before you have to insert the key but it dies after about 20 seconds, my manual shows a + and - relay diagram labaled dome light supervision -500ma output use ext relay,  - domelight output goes to 86, +12v goes to 85 & 87, door trigger input and +12v from pin switch both to 87a, dome light - side to 30, it shows cutting the dome light wire in half and using the in and out which i did not do and am not clear on, instructions state to find the dome light wire at the top of fuse box but i could only find it in kick panel,

thanks for any input, this site is the best,

saleen49 
Copper - Posts: 99
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2004 at 12:58 PM / IP Logged  

my car has a GEM module and i understand the dome light is were i must tap into but not sure of correct way to tackle it, the dome light does function properly when the keyless entry is used but the alarm doesn't seem to see that the door is open and this is were i am lost

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic