icon

2002 and newer escalade install

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
joepesci076 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2004 at 1:16 AM / IP Logged  
i was wondering if anyone of you guys had any ideas or pics or sites that could give me some ideas on installing 4 15" subs,whatever the brand.I dont realy care if the third seat is gone or not. Also i am going to need another alternator for roughly 5000 watts rms.... any ideas? This is going to be my pride and joy so i want it done right. PLEASE HELP!
hey,what happen!!
chris_h 
Copper - Posts: 50
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2004 at 10:40 PM / IP Logged  
For an install like that, I'm sure you'll need another alternator. The one you have is probably 100 to 130 amps, multiply that by 12 or 14.4 volts, and thats just 1200-1800 watts. What sort of amp(s) are you using for 5000 watts rms? thats pretty nuts lol. Sorry no pics or sites for ya right now.
When you step on the brakes your life is in your foot's hands
joepesci076 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2004 at 11:42 AM / IP Logged  
I dont know what i'm going to use yet but I'v had several 2000 to 3500 watt systems before but I never took the time or love to do them right. This time I'm going to do every little thing posible. I used to have a/d/s amps/mids with  3 w6 12" two 1000d directed amps pushing them.I want to try somthing new, any thoughts? thanks for the alternator answer.
hey,what happen!!
chris_h 
Copper - Posts: 50
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2004 at 12:25 PM / IP Logged  

2002 and newer escalade install - Last Post -- posted image.

Here's a picture of a slick enlcosure for 3 subs (Eclipse) in an Escalade. Lots of work, but if you have the patience it looks awesome. These aren't 15"s but 12"s. How were you planning on fitting (4) 15"s? Check out http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/346645/2 for more of this escalade.

When you step on the brakes your life is in your foot's hands
joepesci076 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2004 at 7:19 PM / IP Logged  
That looks sweet. I was thinking of a diamond shape, so if looked through the front to back there would be a big diamond hole through it with the 15's fireing at each other.In the front it would have plexiglass triangle plates, flush mounted with ports molded into the plexiglass so you could see the back of the speaker. In the back it would have all the amps flush mounted at the angle of the box. well you can probable picture it in your mind.   Thanks for the pic ill go check that out.
hey,what happen!!
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2004 at 10:52 PM / IP Logged  
i made a box just like that above for 4 Alpine R-15's, it was a snug fit, but the outcome was a mean f'in lookin box that got so loud his rear window and windshield fell out haha.  Only 1000 watts.  It was in a Chev taho <spelt wrong
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic