icon

install pics-full glass job

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
heavymetaljetta 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2004 at 7:25 AM / IP Logged  

Hey everyone.  JUst passing through doing some reading and thought I would post my page.

http://www.sounddomain.com/id/bigbudsaburnin

dxav 
Silver - Posts: 314
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2004 at 7:49 AM / IP Logged  
Nice design. Sub box looks kinda big, though. How many ft3?
What did you use to secure the side panels? Is all your original carpet still in place?
This should probably have gone in the fiberglass section, too.
Great job, how much experience do you have?
DXAV
heavymetaljetta 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2004 at 7:58 AM / IP Logged  

Box is made to go to 2.6 per side (sonotubes)  EAch tube is clay filled to 1.2cube/side.   Basically constructed by mounting 2 sonotubes(cement footing tubes) to a base and then stretching  speaker grill cloth over entire enclosure.  Reinforced from inside and resined.  Lit window in front was cut in and blended after.

All original carpet is in place except for 1 (grommetted) hole for wiring to get to small amp and line driver.

I play with glass as a hobby.  Boats, cars, furniture, etc.  Couple yrs experience I guess you could say.  Weekends and nights tho, I'm a UPS driver the other 55 hours a week. 

Thanks for posting, feel free to send more questions.

kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2004 at 11:56 AM / IP Logged  
Looks great!  How does it sound and measure?
New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
/r7 
Silver - Posts: 340
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2004 at 12:00 PM / IP Logged  
thats a really nice setup man, sonotubes, i never thought of that. great idea though.
what was the length of time to do the entire trunk? seeing jobs like this make me want to get into fiberglassing, great job man, definitely post more in the future
heavymetaljetta 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2004 at 1:05 PM / IP Logged  

As far as measuring,.do you mean spl?  Hit 140 in an sql comp about a yr ago but it's really not made for that.  Front stage is impressive.  Imaging, staging,etc.

The sonotubes work great but the math can be a bitch dealing with angles and cylinders. 

kfr01 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2004 at 1:19 PM / IP Logged  

By measure I meant RTA.  But if it sounds great who cares!  Nice work.

Where is the second component pair / tweeters?

heavymetaljetta 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2004 at 1:22 PM / IP Logged  
FIrst time we had an rta in the car, it was almost dead on.  I have tuned to accentuate the mid bass for daily driving now though. :)  just for the thump of it,lol
heavymetaljetta 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2004 at 1:28 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry, didn't see the second question.    The second set is in the ceiling.  Was aiming for a ceiling to floor stage but next install will prob be different.  However, certain SQ songs like Benni Benessi can be real interesting.
kfr01 
Posted: November 29, 2004 at 1:43 PM / IP Logged  

In the ceiling?  Take a picture of that if you have a chance.  Where are they located and where are they aimed?  I can't say I've ever heard of doing that before.  What kind of an effect do you get with that?

Also, how do those tweets sound being so far apart from the midrange drivers?  Don't you encounter some strange phase / traveling behavior?

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic