icon

Manual for old car stereo

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Jerry26 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2004 at 11:50 PM / IP Logged  
Hi everyone. I´m new in this comunity and hopefully you can help me out. I´ve been looking everywhere for a manual or a wiring diagram af an old clarion car stereo so I can put in my car. I am not to familiar with electronic things but I am interested and taking it step by step so I would really appreciate if anyone could help me, the estereo is a Clarion cassette player model CM 00.  I have called Clarion and their tecnical support tells me that since it is an old model the only way to find it is on the internet. I´ve connected the estereo and it sounds but with the problem that smoke comes out of the cassette player (bad connection). So thats why I need to know what each of the wire colors represent. With no further quiestions I thank you for any info. Your friend Jerry26.   
Xracerx 
Member - Posts: 39
Member spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2004 at 9:25 AM / IP Logged  

Well if the unit plays ok on radio then the cassette is bad.

Red + with inline fuse

Black - Ground

Speakers - Pair the same colors with Solid Solid/Stripe

Ant - Yellow

Jerry26 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2004 at 12:06 AM / IP Logged  
Xracerx thank you very much for the info. I checked the cassette player and it works fine I am thinking that maybe I connected something in a wrong way and it is melting something. As you are saying the yellow one is the ant. but does it have to be conected with the red wire and the wire from the battery al together? Becouse if you don´t the stereo doesn´t even turn on so where does the yellow wire go? I hope you can answer back. Thank you.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic