icon

01 Cadillac Seville STS Remote Start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
speedracertjl 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2004 at 1:17 PM / IP Logged  
i have an 01 STS to put a start in...is there a module that will do the locks and bypass the PASS3 together (maybe a GMDLBP?) ive read a few different notes but nothing that seemed like THE WAY to do it.
halfrican 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2004 at 1:53 AM / IP Logged  
I've just had one installed in my 2001 STS. My installer had problems getting the the GMDL-BP to bypass the PK3 reliably so he ended up using a standard PK3 bypass along with the GMDL-BP, all is good now. The Trilogix MULTIDL along with a seperate PK3 bypass would achieve the same effect, but he already had the GMDL-BP so he just used it instead of purchasing another door lock interface module. I also tried a DEI piece (456B?) it didn't work well, along with another module that caused the vehicle to throw "codes." I would strongly recommend the GMDL-BP or the MULTIDL with a sepreate PK3 bypass if you want to go the fool proof way. YMMV, good luck.
Also, if you also intend to install an alarm both of the Trilogix pieces come with door trigger outputs, which makes alarm install much easier.
Lastly, don't count on either module retaining your "driver 1" settings (memory seats, mirrors, steering column) He never had any luck getting this to work on my vehicle and Trilogix doesn't really offer any "tech support" on this function/feature.
Hope this helps.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic