Rap or Radio on till door open

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
themagicone 
Silver - Posts: 325
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2004 at 10:57 AM / IP Logged  

Hi! I need evreyones opionion.

I've created a little black box with 5 wires that will leave your radio on till you open your door or 10mins, which ever is greater. Its just like the relays listed in the relay section but this is solid state and has a timmer as listed above. A electronic asmbley company wants 3k to enginer it better and create a reproductable copy. How much would you be willing to buy something like this for? 9.95, 14.95 or 19.95. Second do you think you would personnaly use it in your shop? Thank you.

themagicone 
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2004 at 7:37 PM / IP Logged  
anyone got any comments? I've been spening weeks on designing this thing! It hopefully going to be smaller that a 9vlt battery when its done. Thanks
superg 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2004 at 7:07 AM / IP Logged  
a friend of mine has a chev malibu and her radio stays on till you open the door.I think its a 99 or 00
I miss hockey so much I'm wearing a jock right now!
bighauns 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2004 at 7:27 AM / IP Logged  
I would be interested in one possibly. But it really would not be a high priority on my list. Maybe 10 bux, something like that, it personally would be more of a novelty item for me that I could live without.
bring on the boom!
fire2050 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2004 at 2:08 PM / IP Logged  
i personalyl wouldnt buy one becuase like you said you constructed it yourself unless it was very very easy to wire and even then many of the newer cars are including that feature in their newer models but anyway thats my 2 cents
themagicone 
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2004 at 4:12 PM / IP Logged  
I'm going to have a company redo the design once I get it working 100%. The market I'm going after is for people who buy new cars and like that feature but when they install an aftermarket radio they loose it. I know you can do it with 3 relays but I think this would simplyfi it. The wires would be ground, 12ign/acc, 12const, door and then to radio.
superg 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2004 at 8:52 PM / IP Logged  

so what u r saying is that it does not work 100% and your looking 4 sales already and 4 the price of 3 relays.....$3.00...... few feet of wire....$2.00....doing it yourself.....priceless(actually $5.00)

just my $5.02 worth of info but all the power 2 ya

I miss hockey so much I'm wearing a jock right now!
themagicone 
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2004 at 11:58 PM / IP Logged  

i'm just doing research right now. Seeing if its viable to spend the money to mass produce the item. I know that you can do it with relays but they take space and make noise, a solid state device would be quite and take less space.

maximus32583 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2004 at 4:59 PM / IP Logged  
I pre-load stuff for a lot of dealerships. One of them happens to be Kia *makes a gagging sound* I have done the 3 relay setup more than a few times. Twice now I have had to move them to the engine bay so they could not be heard. I dont know why but people that want cheap cars dont want to hear a click when they get out... anyway a soild state part might not be a bad idea. Thou the cost should be low $5-$10 at a max.
Maximus
switch_hitter 
Copper - Posts: 151
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2004 at 8:24 PM / IP Logged  
sh*t i say, if you can get the thing working 100%, sell it for 15-20 bucks...you wont be able to make any money if you sell it for 5-10. People will pay for it too...All these guys think cheap because they can all do it themselves..but 99% of people dont have a  clue.....make your money
2 Memphis HPO 12s
1 Memphis 1000D
2 Memphis 8s
1 Memphis MC200
4 Memphis 3way 6 1/2s
1 Memphis MC3004
4 Memphis Tweeters
1 Memphis 3-way electronic crossover
2 Memphis 5 1/4
2 Memphis 4s
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic