icon

Cheap eTronics Monitors

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
eric_the_great1 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2004 at 1:06 AM / IP Logged  

Are the Legacy 5.6" lcd monitors from etronics worth anything?  I would like to get 2 monitors to mount in my headrests, but want to spend as little money as possible.  Any suggestions?

Eric

College student and newbie autoelectric installer

poeticdrums 
Copper - Posts: 49
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2004 at 5:28 PM / IP Logged  
Do not buy the legacy monitors. They are STN, not TFT. The quality is severly reduced and the screen isn't viewable at all angles. If you want a cheap 5.6" TFT LCD monitor, check out E-bay Seller indoaudio. I am buying two of his 5.6" tft headrest monitors for my car as well so I can hook up my N64 haha
pappascw 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2004 at 6:48 PM / IP Logged  
How can you tell what is a good monitor and what isn't?  Obvioulsly the Pioneer is one of the best.  Looking on Ebay at 10.4 theres like a zillion brands all with different names and basically the same specs.  800x600, 200:1, 250:1 contrast ratio.  So what makes one stand out?  I've heard the cheaper monitors don't look good from the sides..
poeticdrums 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2004 at 6:59 PM / IP Logged  
You can't tell what is better without owning the product, but you wont know the quality until you take tht risk and buy it. Product descriptions give away a lot. In monitors anything that doesn't say like TFT is probably trash, though there are some pretty junky TFT monitors. Just go with your gut and you'll more than likely be happy.
pappascw 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2004 at 7:08 PM / IP Logged  

For the kid watching Shrek in the back seat,  can't see her comlaining much about the picture quality.....       Cheap  eTronics Monitors -- posted image.

Does the 800x600, 640x480 effect the side viewing or picture quality?

poeticdrums 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2004 at 2:34 PM / IP Logged  
I am not sure if it does. It might be a little bit because there will be more pixels to show the picture. But that would be the only reason I could think of

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic