icon

i need your help please

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
notor1us 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2004 at 8:22 AM / IP Logged  

hey i really needed some informed advice as to what i need to do cuz i hear 400 diffrent things every time i ask someone,   im installing 4 alpine type-R 12's and 2 sets of polk Ex3 6.5 components  with 2 mtx 1501D  1500 watt amps for the subs and the mtx 564 560 watt 4 channel for the components i have 2 one farad caps an optima red top, alot of 4 guage wire and fuses and such. what else do i need to get before i attempt this without blowing my alternator etc...

i need your help please - Last Post -- posted image.
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2004 at 8:32 AM / IP Logged  
3500 watts?  A 350 amp alternator and 0 gage from the alt to the battery and from the battery to the amp disrtibution block.  Also fuse it at 350 amps at the battery, run 0 gage for main amp ground and upgrade your engine ground strap.  Cheers.
Support the12volt.com
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 02, 2004 at 8:39 AM / IP Logged  

Ahhh, a loaded arsenal and no battle plan. Use a fused distro block to split power out to the 3 amps.  Wire one cap in-line on the power wire after the distro block to each sub amp, with the caps close to their respective amplifiers.

And just 398 more opinions to come...

notor1us 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2004 at 10:41 AM / IP Logged  
thanks alot u guys have helped me out a bunch but where the hell am i gonna get my hands on a 350 watt alternator for under 500 bucks
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2004 at 10:53 AM / IP Logged  
I doubt you'll be able to.  And it's 350 AMPS, not watts. You might consider a dual 180-200 amp alternator setup.
Support the12volt.com
notor1us 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2004 at 11:16 AM / IP Logged  

sorry its early for me :) 

notor1us 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2004 at 2:56 PM / IP Logged  
how would i wire dual alternators i could fabricate a bracket but the rest i dunno.
sbcaprice305 
Copper - Posts: 57
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2004 at 9:07 PM / IP Logged  

the r's are only 300 rms each x 4 =1200rms  but can take a little more from what i hear...i would just get 1 fosgate 1501d if i were you...1600+ rms at 2 ohm

are the r's 2 or 4 ohm..?

if they are dual 4 each then i'd wire them series / parrelel to get a 2 ohm load..

and if you insist on getting those mtx's you will not be using much of  them cause they will only be putting out 750 rms ar 4 ohm..

now if they are 2 ohm get a 1 ohm stable amp..and wire them series / parelell

if you stick with 1 amp you will be better off.. Your alternator and wallet will feel better if you choose to do 1 instead of 2 mtx's

i do own the 1501d mtx and am sorta satisfied with it..but i wish i had gotten the fosgate.it has alot more features and imo putts out more power..also has a ssf , wich is a must if runnin ported!

give me the specifics and i'll help you out

p.s.you wont need to upgrade your alt if you only use 1 amp..you can get a optima bat and do the big 3 and you should beable to get away with it.imo

notor1us 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2004 at 5:59 PM / IP Logged  
i already have all the aforementioned amps and a warranty on the subs :) i wanted to try to get the most out what i already have but any ideas you have would be greatly appreciated and again thanks for all the input u guys are awesome

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic