icon

2004 Pontiac Grand Prix GT

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
andylaslo 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2004 at 3:28 PM / IP Logged  
Has anybody put a car alarm/starter in one of these?
andylaslo 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2004 at 5:02 PM / IP Logged  
Any help on bypassing factory alarm would help.
Sar 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2004 at 6:17 PM / IP Logged  
i did one last week. weird car. but you can put 12v to ign wires, as opposed to the 7v the register. the passkey 3 is standard, and arm/ disarm are  green and purple at the bcm, in the 52 pin plu on the side.
andylaslo 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2004 at 1:53 PM / IP Logged  
Did you have any trouble with the Info. Center?
Image6902 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2004 at 11:20 PM / IP Logged  

I've had a ton of experience with this car and the databus antitheft bypasses. I've tried the dbpass 23, pldata, pkg 4 and 5 to no avail. I ended up back where i started using the equivalant of a 556u and you need to hook up keysense wire to it to prevent it from seeing two transponders at the same time or you will get a service theft system message in info center. sound familiar? also, using the databus bypasses, of the ones that worked, they all would intermittently cause miscommunication in data lines during remote start and shut down the instrument panel (no rpm, gas gauge, trac lite off) and low fuel message. I used the ultrastart 1250 and with this unit you can retain driver priority unlock feature by using the rearm and disarm outputs for factory alarm to trigger lock and unlock.  grand prix is goofy too when you disarm alarm it automatically unlocks driver door. 1250 has automatic rearm after start option in programming, too. a litte hairy, but do a few and they're fine. good luck!

I tell it like it is...
andylaslo 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2004 at 5:15 PM / IP Logged  
I used dbpass 23 and every thing works fine, but message center still says service antitheft, traction control, and something else. Vehicle should only see one key and that would be buypass module because no other key was in or around the ignition. I even tryed to ground the key sense while remote car starting. One time I didn't use bypass module I just left the key in the ignition and I used car starter to start vehicle, it still came up with the same message on the info center. My gauges work fine only thing that don't wotk is traction control. While vehicle is running with car starter I am unable to turn the traction control on or off.It always stays off. Once I shut the car off and start the vehicle with a key everything works fine and message center works normal without having any service messages on it. Is there any other wire/wires that have to be connected/powered to turn those censors/modules on? If you think that bypass module I am using is not compatible with this vehicle do you think that key in the box would work better? Key in the box can be found on bypasskit.com, module # is TBKIV.
Image6902 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2004 at 5:29 PM / IP Logged  

I would definitely recommend using the key style bypass with a keysense shut off (556u by dei) because if it starts with one key and either sees another key at the same time or sees both gone after starting, it will trip that code. I believe it will reset itself after x amount of successful cycles, but I was installing it at the dealer and had a tech 2 to reset the code. this way you don't run into any of the traction control crap. gimme a shout if you have any more q's

I tell it like it is...

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic