icon

Accord Brake Wire with CS-2011

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bx6768 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2004 at 11:52 PM / IP Logged  
I am installing CS-2011 IV on my 98 Accord. Everything is fine by now, except the brake wire.
Now I need connect brake wire to CS-2011
From the manual of CS-2011:
White: (+12V) Brake Reset Connect the White wire to the side of brake pedal switch that shows +12 volts ONLY when pedal is depressed. This will turn off the remote start if someone attempts to drive the car without the keys or if the Ignition key is not turned on all the way.
However, the BRAKE WIRE WHITE/ black of Accord, shows +12V ONLY the pedal is pressed. And I can't find a wire with +12V when the pedal is DEPRESSED. Whether I need a rely or something else to invert this signal? Or something wrong with the Manual?
Thanks.
Teamrf 
Gold - Posts: 1,031
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2004 at 3:10 AM / IP Logged  

No you need to hook that up to the wire that shows 12V when the brake is pressed so it will shut down the remote start. If you put 12V on that wire the remote start won't engage.

~The Rookie~
Rookie of the year that is...
Don't let the smoke out of your equiptment..it doesn't go back in.
Mja1962 
Copper - Posts: 119
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2004 at 7:07 AM / IP Logged  

bx6768 wrote:
However, the BRAKE WIRE WHITE/ black of Accord, shows +12V ONLY the pedal is pressed. And I can't find a wire with +12V when the pedal is DEPRESSED. Whether I need a rely or something else to invert this signal? Or something wrong with the Manual? 

I may be wrong about this, but it seems as if you use the terms "PRESSED" and "DEPRESSED" as though they are opposites.  "DEPRESSED" means the same as "PRESSED", so if you found a wire which shows +12V when the pedal is pressed, then you have found the right wire.

-Michael

meltingplastic 
Copper - Posts: 225
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2004 at 7:43 PM / IP Logged  
Well if what ur saying is that the wire needs to show 12v for the car to remote start.. just hook up the 2 wires.. and attempt to remote start it.. if it truly does need 12v.. press the brake pedal and attempt to remote start it.. if that works... just switch polarity with a relay and call it a day
Driving a Bagged, Caddied 02 s10

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic