icon

F150 Remote Starter Questions, Newbie

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cqljohn 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2004 at 7:37 PM / IP Logged  

I'm working on a 2002 F-150 Super Crew (4 Door) with Factory Keyless Entry.

I'm installing a Bulldog Deluxe 500 Remote Starter/Alarm (I know, alot of people don't like Bulldogs).  I have most of the install done (Remote Start is up and running), but have a few questions on the rest of the install. 

First Question: The door locks are working, but they all work on the first unlock command.  I wired directly to the box in the upper left side of the dash.  The box for the factory keyless entry, as mine came factory with keyless entry.  How do I fix this?  There is a wire on the unit that has muliple functions of (Step 2 Door Unlock/Factory Disarm/Shock Sensor Bypass), I didn't use this wire for the door locks, because I wasn't sure how to wire it in.

Second Question:  Door Inputs, I don't have this wired yet and need some guidance.  The instuctions say to DIODE ISOLATE all the doors.  From what I've read on this site, I only need to isolate the drivers door from the other doors.  Is this correct?  What size diode do I need?  Can I get these at radio shack?  Do I just cut the door input wire in half and sorlier the diode on either side of the cut wire?  Can I get to all these wires in on place or do I have to go to each door?  I don't mean to sound stupid, just never done this before.

Third Question:  I don't think this remote starter has an anti-grind feature.  Is there anyway to add this to the system?

Wiring Diagram is below if it would help.

http://bulldogsecurity.com/New%20Wires/New%20Wires/Wires/forfserieslightduty97-03.htm

91cpe 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2004 at 7:43 PM / IP Logged  
The keyless entry unit should have 2 unlock wires.  One for just the driver and one for all.  On my 2000 the wires were Violet/ Light blue (driver) at pin 1 big connector and Pink/ Light green (unlock all) at pin 11 on the small connector on the keyless entry unit. 
dantemc 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2004 at 12:39 AM / IP Logged  
the door trigger colors are black /pink, black / YELLOW and BLACK/ blue. you can find the BLACK/ blue in the kick panel, and the other 2 in their respective door harnesses( the boot has room to work, so you dont neccessarily need to take the doors off)  you can always use the domelight wire, if the domelight delay doesnt bother you. as for the diodes, 1 amp is fine. simply take your door trigger wire, solder 3 diodes with wires attached, and run it to each door trigger. make sure the cathode is facing the factory wires, and you will be good. hope that helps.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic