icon

Old L.A. Sound Malibu Amp Power Output?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Glowinlow22 
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2004 at 7:54 PM / IP Logged  

I have an old L.A sound malibu 120 amp, does anyone happen to know the output of this amp? is it 2 ohm stable? right now its pushing a 200 watt rms rockford he punch at 4 ohm i'm figuring the output is low as it hits respectable but not amazing, i'm building a new box for the sub to cure some other issues i'm having and contemplating a new amp for the setup i have, but in figuring that i need to know my actual output so is there a good way to measure this with a meter? or does someone happen to have some specs on this amp?

J~

mbergwin 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2004 at 9:53 PM / IP Logged  

J-

this may bo overly ovious but have u tryed there home page?

So long and thanks for all the fish!
-Bergwin
Glowinlow22 
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2004 at 1:29 AM / IP Logged  

actually i have, i've even searched to see if my site addresses are wrong but i cant find any info on amps from la sound, and no website as of yet, which is why i'm here :).

J~

harvey1959 
Copper - Posts: 94
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2004 at 2:40 AM / IP Logged  
You could try to google search it.  I found someone trying to auction one off on ebay or whatever.  He says its 180watts mono, but that could be incorrect.  sorry, no more info.
Harv
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2004 at 2:09 PM / IP Logged  
Most of the amplifiers were only 2 ohm stereo stable, not 2 ohm mono stable. The size of the fuse will be a good indication of the size of the amp. What is the size of the fuse?
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic