icon

Viper 791 xv RS problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
massivegrk 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2004 at 11:05 PM / IP Logged  
Just installed the alarm.. when i was testing everything was working correctly.. RS worked fine and all..  I removed the alarm taped the wires.. reconnected alarm  and put car back together.. redid the tach sense learn and everything works now execpt when you try to remote start the car the engine cranks but won't come on..  Car starts with the key...... Any ideas?
daniel2002p 
Silver - Posts: 524
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2004 at 11:28 PM / IP Logged  
ok, first what kind of car is it and what exatly have you done with the wires, and does the car start and then die, or never starts.  If it never starts you may want to check that you have connected all the ignition wires.
2005 Toyota Corolla S
    1.8L VVT-i I-4
Always double check your wires with a DMM!!!
Do Not Use A Test Light!!!
MECP Certified Installer!
Best Buy 665 - IN IT TO WIN IT! TEAM MOBLE!
massivegrk 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2004 at 11:30 PM / IP Logged  
sorry it's a 2002 acura rsx..  it doesn't start at all with the remote start.. it'll crank for about 2 seconds then just stop and then pause for a few seconds and try again 'til i stop it..... don't think it'd be the ignition wires since i soldered them and the RS was working perfectly( car was starting with RS)  before i put the car back together.
dantemc 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2004 at 12:23 AM / IP Logged  
i would check your key by pass module. maybe it moved when you put the car back togeher or got unplugged, if it starts fine with the key in the ign, its the bypass, but if you have to turn the key on for it to work, then it could be your key bypass module, or your ign. wires. maybe one of them fell off. try starting with the key by pass, if you used a 556u, the range isnt great and if the ring moves slighty, the car will not start.  hope that helps
massivegrk 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2004 at 12:26 AM / IP Logged  
 kk Thanks i did use a 556u maybe it did move.... well i can stick the key in and just leave it there or put it on acc and try to remote start the car but it wont' turn over. . it'll just crack.. like it's getting no spark
daniel2002p 
Silver - Posts: 524
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2004 at 6:21 AM / IP Logged  
in that case I would make sure as stated before to check your ign wires, also if that does not help, then it has to be your bypass.  Also what you can do is used your DMM and check if the alarm is giving out 12v to all the ign wires when rs.
2005 Toyota Corolla S
    1.8L VVT-i I-4
Always double check your wires with a DMM!!!
Do Not Use A Test Light!!!
MECP Certified Installer!
Best Buy 665 - IN IT TO WIN IT! TEAM MOBLE!
massivegrk 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2004 at 8:00 AM / IP Logged  
kk Thanks I'll try it all out

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic