icon

12Vpower amp-detailed tutorial

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bassmangr 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2004 at 5:03 AM / IP Logged  

Hi to you guys,how about giving the new member a helping hand?I need to find a very detailed tutorial of a 12V power amp for car use of course.I'm most interested in the theory and design part of it.I mean how it works in a very detailed scale.Thankz in advance!12Vpower amp-detailed tutorial -- posted image.

Bassic Instinct ;)
dxav 
Silver - Posts: 314
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2004 at 4:01 PM / IP Logged  
What is your experience level? How about your college level?
You really can't understand how an amplifier works without basic knowledge of circuit (AC and DC) theory, plus circuit and design options, optimal configurations, etc.
As for a tutorial, you may have to take some college courses -- that's what I did.
I am not condescending, or judging your intellectual level -- but I think you are asking for something beyond the scope of a forum.
It would take to me probably 6-8 hours of discussion, diagrams, etc, just to get the basics. Then there is the detail.
Try doing some google.com searches. I know some older amps once discontinued printed schematics and PCB designs.
DXAV
bassmangr 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2004 at 9:36 AM / IP Logged  
No offense taken my friend!Well,I think that I didn't make quite clear of what I was asking.Of course I didn't want anyone to write down all this analysis.All i asked for was some kind of suggestion(web site,books).As for my knowledge level I am a public college student here in Greece(Technical Educational Institute in free translation) and I'm aware of the basics.The info I'm looking for is for a project for my school much more coplex.Thanks  for the interest though.Hoping to hearing from you again!12Vpower amp-detailed tutorial -- posted image.
Bassic Instinct ;)
dxav 
Silver - Posts: 314
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2004 at 12:25 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, so you do know the basics. That really helps. Are you prototyping a PCB, or breadboarding a demo unit?
Are you going to use software to capture the schematic design?
Are you an IEEE member?
Amplifier circuits can be found on www.google.com. Actually, several (ahem!) years ago our class did individual projects, and one was a 12V power amplifier. I know he found his on www.yahoo.com with a standard search like "power MOSFET amplifier". Adding '12V' may help, too.
Good luck! Let us know if we can help further!
DXAV

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic