icon

Sound dampening material

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Qtrhorse 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2004 at 10:18 AM / IP Logged  

I have just a couple of questions about sound dampening material.

1) What is the best material for the interior of the vehicles (floor board, doors, pillars, roof  and back wall), all is for a extended cab truck. 

3) What is the best material for the $$$.

I know both questions contradict each other but I could buy Dynamatt for $$$$ or a cheaper material for less but not sure if the two are compairable. Would you recommend to do the inside of the door skins as well as under the door panels as well? To tell you the truth, it's not for mainly for the stereo as much for the noise of the vehicle. I have a diesel and it is somewhat loud and I have to turn up the radio to adjust for the noise and also being a truck, it has a lot of road noise due to poor sound deadening from the factory as it is...Thank you

/r7 
Silver - Posts: 340
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2004 at 1:51 AM / IP Logged  
brown bread has been suggested a few times.
there is a search button on this forum at the top, type in "sound dampening" or "dynamatt" or even "brown bread" it should pop up threads reguarding any of those which would have more suggestions in them as well.
enjoy.
sbcaprice305 
Copper - Posts: 57
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2004 at 3:43 AM / IP Logged  
peel n seal, fat matt,.e-dead, just to name a few...peeln seal is the cheapest..i have it in my car right now and works great..i've used 5 different deadners including dynacrap and have noticed no change...people say it smells and doesnt stick right though, i havnt experienced any of those...i smell nothing ,sticks super well if applied propery...no complaints!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic