icon

97 Expedition Factory Amp Removal

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
maximus32583 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2004 at 3:21 PM / IP Logged  

I have got a 97 Expedition that I need to pull the factory amp (keeps pop fuses) to bypass. Does anyone know where the factory amp is in the car and possably the wire info at the amp for the bypass. I looked around a bit but I could not find a amp jumper harness. Any ideas?

~ Ryan

Maximus
maximus32583 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2004 at 3:53 PM / IP Logged  

just to update. I have pulled up the center consol and rip out the pass rear panel but found nothing. It does have the the harness that takes the metra 70-5600 if that helps...

~Ryan

Maximus
spl-Hz 
Copper - Posts: 94
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2004 at 3:59 PM / IP Logged  

Hey Ryan the factory amplifier is located under the radio in front of the center console and is

A pain in the a** to take out. I removed my wifes in her 98.  You can however just unplug the harness and hardwire to it or use the plug. Hope that helps a little.

RYAN @ Automotive Stereo & Alarm

maximus32583 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2004 at 4:28 PM / IP Logged  

Ahh yes. I had seen that silver box (has a bunch of cooling fins on it) you can look behind the radio and see it. There are two plugs on the bottom and as spl-Hz pointed out its a real ****** to get out. Im not going to bother. On the drivers side of the box there is a large black plug that is not easy to see. That is the power and amp output. I'm going to use metra's 70-5513 and cut it in half sence the amp input has a diffrent plug then extend it and run it up to the deck. But metra also makes a 70-5605 that is made for this rig. I just dont have one.

Also somthing else to note. If you get one that is poping the amp fuse or the deck is dead and you see rust on the ant. plug. Most likely water ran into both the factory deck and the amp. I found out it was a common problam with this rig.

Thanks for your help spl-Hz  :-)

Ryan

Maximus

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic