icon

2005 Honda Accord LX in-dash kit?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
razorbacx 
Copper - Posts: 91
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2004 at 6:42 PM / IP Logged  

Can someone tell me if there is an In-Dash kit for the installation of a Head Unit in a 2005 Honda Accord LX? Has anyone else installed a Head Unit in an 05 Accord? If so do you have pics of the installation or can you lead me to a website that might good install pics? I would like to see an example of what it looks like prior to the beginning of my installation.

Thanks,

Razorbacx

Teamrf 
Gold - Posts: 1,031
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2004 at 8:50 PM / IP Logged  
I doubt that one is out yet..I haven't seen it if it is...
~The Rookie~
Rookie of the year that is...
Don't let the smoke out of your equiptment..it doesn't go back in.
sIR TINTSALOT 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2004 at 11:44 PM / IP Logged  
WHAT I NEED TO KNOW IS HOW IN THE HECK DO YOU GET THE FACTORY DECK OUT OF THIS CAR.  I AM INSTALLING A FM MODULATOR AND CAN'T FIND AN EASY WAY TO GET THIS DANG THING OUT.  RIGHT NOW I WISH I HAD A WIRELESS FM MODULATOR IN STOCK!!!
quality is better than quantity
sIR TINTSALOT 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2004 at 11:47 PM / IP Logged  
I BELIEVE MICRO CARRIES A KIT FOR THE 2005 LX.  IT IS LIKE 100 BUCKS OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT
razorbacx 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2004 at 6:50 PM / IP Logged  

Well, I'm not going to drop $100.00 plus dollar on an install kit to put my $200.00 Pioneer DEH-P550MP CD/MP3 player in there. I may go the route of an FM Modulator along with a portable MP3 player.

Does anyone know how to take the door panels off to get to the front door speakers? I'm coming from a 96 Accord and it is nothing like my new 05 Accord.

Thanks,

Razorbacx

sIR TINTSALOT 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2004 at 12:26 AM / IP Logged  

TO TAKE OFF THE FRONT DOOR PANELS YOU NEED TO REMOVE THREE SCREWS AND THE PLASTIC PIECE THAT IS UP BY THE MIRROR.

THE FIRST SCREW IS BEHIND THE DOOR HANDLE YOU PULL TO OPEN THE DOOR, THERE IS A LITTLE PLASTIC PIECE WITH A TAB ON IT. USE A SMALL FLAT HEAD TO DEPRESS THE TAB AND IT SHOULD COME OFF EASILY.

THE OTHER TWO SCREWS ARE INSIDE THE THE LITTLE CUBBYHOLE BY THE POWER WINDOW SWITCH. LIFT THE RUBBER MAT UP AND YOU WILL SEE THE TWO SCREWS.

LAST USE A HOOK TOOL TO REMOVE THE PLASTIC PIECE BY THE MIRROR. THEN USE A PANEL POPPER TO PULL THE DOOR PANEL LOOSE.

WHEN INSTALLING THE PANEL MAKE SURE ALL THE WHITE CLIPS ARE PROPERLY INSERTED ONTO THE PANEL BEFORE POPPING BACK INTO PLACE.

sIR TINTSALOT 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2004 at 12:31 AM / IP Logged  

I FINISHED THE VIDEO SYSTEM IN THIS CAR TODAY AND IT TOOK ME 6 HOURS TOTAL. IT CONSISTED OF TWO 5.6 INCH HEADREST MONITORS, AND A PS2

THERE IS ALOT OF THINGS TO TAKE APART ON THIS CAR, AND HOOKING UP THAT FM MODULATOR WAS A PAIN

razorbacx 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2004 at 1:14 PM / IP Logged  

sIR TINTSALOT, how did you go about removing the HU? Also, where did you locate the FM Modulator for accessibility? I'm thinking about picking up a portable MP3 Player like an iPod and hooking it up via an FM Modulator. Do you have any pics that you can send my way? If so, my e-mail is rmozeko@hotmail.com.

Thanks,

Razorbacx

sIR TINTSALOT 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2004 at 11:27 AM / IP Logged  

I'M NOT SURE HOW TO GET THE HU OUT.  I HAD TAKEN OUT THE CENTER CONSOLE TO RUN WIRES AND SINCE IT WAS OUT I WAS ABLE TO PULL OUT THE STORAGE COMPARTMENT JUST BELOW THE STEREO.  AFTER DOING SO I WAS ABLE TO REACH UP AND PULL THE ANTENNA PLUG AND ISTALL THE FM MODULATOR.

I GUESS I COULD HAVE CALLED A LOCAL STEREO SHOP AND ASKED BUT I DIDN'T GET AROUND TO IT.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic